2 FALLOW DOES AT DAWN.

Frank

Me self and my mate and his beloved .243, was about 15 mins into our stalk, when we came to a gate and in the feild was greeted by a herd of fallow.

It was just getting light, it was a dull sorta morning anyhow, but thankfully the good binos were with us.

I spyd 2 does, this particular land is running with them, so we had to show we were doing something for the farmer, to protect his grass.

I told my mate to take out the 2 does i selected if he could.

It was a mother and its fawn.

At 152 yds the mother fell to the boom of the .243, the rest scatterd but the fawn came back and stood, another boom and all was over, he got the 2 animals i pointed out, a job well done. :thumbs:

We got told after by the farmer that the deer havent been culled in 2 years and that we were a great help.

He invited us back again next week, which was great news.

Looks like we will be here for a while, plenty of work to do. :thumbs:

The fella that was culling here before, past away and the farmer found it hard to find a sensible person to cull the deer, untill he heard of us. :lol:

Pic below.

That seems to be the case, wild venison cost a fortune in restruants too. :thumbs:

Yet if we go to sell it, we get pocket money for it.

I dont bother selling it myself, just give some of it to good pals.

We have to have a game dealers cert over here and all meat has to be checked by a vet if you intend to sell it.

It is not easy getting a game dealers cert over here ither.

Edited by Frank

One of the deer I haven't shot yet.... :thumbs:

Well done Frank..............sensible though, well :thumbs:

Only kidding mate, keep it up and word will get out before you know it you'll have the farm next door and next door to that and so on........once you make a move it gets easier and easier..............you know what I mean.

Frank Iv'e got a tikka .243 I've only shot a few roe and munty's with it I usually use it for foxing which I'm getting into hopefully i'm out tonight I got two vixens on tuesday so its kick started the year off well, the amount of foxes we see latley has started to pick up now how about you?. Regards Terry

Thanks everyone. :(

Terry, i have not been lamping for 2 weeks for foxes, am off out tommorow night.

It should pick up now that the mating season is underway, did not see too much the last time i was out, the ones i did see were educated. :lol: .

Fog has been a problem this year, more than last year, i hate the stuff, a lampers night mare. :D

Hope you have some luck tonight. :/

Edited by Frank

:) Christ. Im almost in tears reading this.... :(

At least you didnt leave poor bambi an Orphan :(

FM.

Dont worry FM, that was not my intension. :D

We have found usually, even when the fawn runs off, it allways comes back. :)

They make very tasty eating. :D:/:)

As ive said, the area we were in has not been culled in 2 years, we will have our work cut out the next few weeks. :lol: