most impressive shot

king ratcatcher

what is your most impressive shot,wether it is close up,or far away,mine has to be out shooting with a few m8s,when i spotted a woodie in a tree about 40 yards away and about 30 feet up,i raised my bsa lightning .22,slotted in a logun penertrator and took aim for its neck,and bang,down he went with such a thud,made my day,and belive me,i was well happy,heres a pic.plz add a pic if you can. :D

http://img435.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shackgangtwo9md.jpg

the one im most proud of wasnt a huge way away, but i was pleased as punch with myself with it anyway. i saw a come over a small grassy mound and behind a log about 30 yards away. i lay down with my webley raider and watched the tips of its ears over the top of the log, moving toward a rotten patch in the trunk where there was about a half inch gap showing through to the other side. when it reached the gap, i flicked the spring of my bipod with my finger. it stopped still. i waited a couple of seconds and just managed to get my crosshairs on its eye. i squeezed the trigger and it rolled straight over dead. :) a textbook shot if i say so myself, and a good example of what 12ft/lb can do in hte right setup :)

it doesnt happen any more though, i tend to just send the dog in and flush them for the shotgun :D

I have 2 :D

A Pigeon at over 100 yards when i was about 13 (many moons ago :( )

The second was last year while out stalking rabbits. Popped my head over a hill and there was Mr Bunny no further than 6 feet in front gone prone thinking i adn't see him :lol:

I had to look down the barrel to get on target and POP :/

Lord Geordie

Anyone remember "The Gat", I had a pistol and a rifle, the rifle being a bit more powerful. When I was a lot lot younger about 12 or 13, me and my mate used to throw model aeroplanes (the balsa wood type consisting of a tail, wing and body slotted together) and shoot at them with a gat. Somehow oneday, I managed to hit it, and the pellet stuck in the wing, spirraling it down like a good one. Thought I was chocolate.

Best Airifle shot I took about 2 months back. Returning from a 20 Acre field I held up over a 1 acre paddock. After a couple of minutes I noticed a Black Rabbit working his way in to the open area. He stopped out at what I estimated to be 50 yards. Waiting for 10 mins for the Buck to get closer he strarted inching his way further back. Without being able to get closer I decided that the shot was on. Held over at my 50yard mark, steadied myself and gently squezzed the shot out. The Rabbit dropped without so much of a flinch. I walked the shot in and it was roughly 52 yards. On inspection of the POI, it was placed perfectly just infront and below the ear. He was quite a size too.

my best air rifle shot was a 30 yard rabbit after a pretty long stalk that ended up with my crawling over a load of cut nettles. Painful, but when I took the shot, the bunny just died.

When I went up to it afterwards, I saw that it taken the pellet right through its right eye and that accounted for the loud noise of the strike. I was really proud of that shot, so was the landowner as he'd been pi$$ taking about my shooting that whole day!

My best target shot was shooting inch and a half pop-ups at the range with a .22 with iron sights. Gun starts out of the shoulder and I had three seconds to shouler it (I was prone), aim and fire before it popped back down.

Five shots later and we cleared the range and walked down. All my shots were in a touching group the size of a 5p about 1 click left and 1 click down from dead center. I kept the target for years.

Wookie

• 2 weeks later...

my best shot / shots was stalking two rabbits that were sat around five yards next to each other when i spotted a third around another five yards further one. with my new aa410 and logun silencer. i lined up the first bunny and pop it dropped the other two just looked around to see what was going on. pop pop down went the other two. i could not beleive it all three bunnies just laid there shooting don't get better than that