Scobby writen off but is this right I think not.

Cookiemonsterandmerlin.

Right boys after last sats trouble with attempted tacking of our much loved scobby twin turbo legacy .

The insurance companys guys came out and said that its beyond repair etc.

But they have asked me to send all the scobby history and sign the log book over to them :good: .

Is this correct as I have not agreed a value with them they say they need the details I say ********.

I think there trying to pull a fast one as the scobby is perfect bar the ingnition barrel .

Whats your thoughts :oops:

Cheers in advance OTH

I wouldn't sign a thing, until it states clearly how much the settlement is an that you can purchase the vehicle back at an agreed price.

My mates Disco was stolen and reversed onto the bonnet of the police chaseing them. Insurance wrote it off as back door couldn't open. He bought it back for pocket money, pulled the bumper down with a tractor. Sorted!!

Just the fingerprint dust took weeks to get off.

When my Vitara was vandalised (paint stripper/brake fluid all over the body) the repair cost was £1490. The insuarnce company decided to write it off, and gave me a cheque for £1850 (£2000 less my £150 excess)

They explained that if repairs cost more that half the value of the vehicle, then it's a write off.

Sounded crazy to me, but I would have never got that much for the vehicle if I had sold it privately.

Hi mate

I see and hear this everyday as i work in the car repair industry, do not accept what the insurance company or any of their "approved" repairers say :/

Best advise is to go and get an estimate from a reputable local bodyshop/garage for the damage and present this to the insurance company, if they kick off on the usual lines of you must take your vehicle to their specified repairer tell them to f### off :good: as it is your legal right (under the eu block exemption ruling) to choose YOUR repairer for YOUR vehicle.

If you have any probs getting a quote in your area,and if you fancy a trip over to sunny Gloucestershire i am more than willing to give you an honest Quote on the damage.

Best of luck :oops:

P.s if you fancied a sunday morning jaunt could even sort out a round of ESP clays.

Edited by silver pigeon 3

Hi mate

I see and hear this everyday as i work in the car repair industry, do not accept what the insurance company or any of their "approved" repairers say :/

Best advise is to go and get an estimate from a reputable local bodyshop/garage for the damage and present this to the insurance company, if they kick off on the usual lines of you must take your vehicle to their specified repairer tell them to f### off :good: as it is your legal right (under the eu block exemption ruling) to choose YOUR repairer for YOUR vehicle.

If you have any probs getting a quote in your area,and if you fancy a trip over to sunny Gloucestershire i am more than willing to give you an honest Quote on the damage.

Best of luck :oops:

P.s if you fancied a sunday morning jaunt could even sort out a round of ESP clays.

Cheers quality advice I have sent a email to the so called engineers and told them to stick it anyway as I would rather sell the car as it is myself.

Cheers OTH and may take you up on the ESP clays .