irish water spaniel

david1gers

Have a mate who's wife kept 2 of them, what kind of temperment is yours? Both of hers were quite nasty when they wanted to be. The mate and his wife are quite into the rarer breeds they have a Chesapeake and a Spinone now!

hi ya , she hasnt been nasty at all (so far), very playful dog especially with other dogs and loves playing with kids

Do be careful as she grows older. I used to have two IWS dogs and they were the worst fighters of any breed I`ve ever had. Yours being a bitch might make a difference though.

Sadly, my experience of whiptails was not too encouraging. One was chronically gun shy and ended up with the Army as a sniffer dog. The other would fight anything just for the hell of it. So much so that it interfered with his desire to work, in company he`d rather attack the other dog and found ignoring them impossible.

Upon re homing he bit one of the children and was put down.

I have seen many IWS with excellent temperament and first class retrieving ability. I may just have been unlucky.