Farmers sowing times

unapalomablanca

Any reason why as pigeons dont touch the stuff when drilled :hmm: .

I normally visit my farmers with OS map and highlight the fields drill so I know where they are for the coming season.

As a rough guide 2nd week off september but some crack it in late august weather is the biggest factor.

Regards OTH

Any reason why as pigeons dont touch the stuff when drilled :good: .

I normally visit my farmers with OS map and highlight the fields drill so I know where they are for the coming season.

As a rough guide 2nd week off september but some crack it in late august weather is the biggest factor.

Regards OTH

i always thought that they dont touch it when its drilled until 2yrs ago i turned up hoping to shoot a bean stubble and ended up shooting 115 on freshly drilled rape which as i arrived completely covered in woodies.

Rape is planted in different ways these days, it can be planted from the begining of August to the middle of September. The earlier plantings will most likely be simply spread from the combine and covered with the chopped straw so it will look just like stubble for months until the rape gets taller than the stubble.