Best Prices

Just bought 250 VIP 30gm 12bore no 6's cartridges from Sealand = cost £69.60 Say £70.

32 and 34 gram are plus £10 for each 2 grams extra on the above price= anyone know of a cheaper supplier locally for 32 gram 6's.

Also bought 10 three and a half inch magnum 66 gram lead BB's for £1.00 per shell - gamebore.

Helpful to know where the cheapest are for the start of the shooting season.

P.S. the 3 and 1/2 inch lead are for foxes.

Thanks all

Don't know if its too far away but I've always found Rainford Field Sports very reasonable. Also heard about 'JustCartridges' on the net, not used them but by all accounts they have some good clearance deals.

Hope this helps

Depends whereabouts in Cheshire you are Kes as the cost of fuel can soon cancel out any savings, especially if you are only buying in (relatively) small quantities, but Station Garage in Rainhill (Merseyside) just off Junction 7 of the M62 is the best place for cartridges both clay & game loads. I think that he supplies Rainford Field Sports but I could be wrong. The proprietor, John Beswick has a really good stock of brands, sizes and weights but it's always worth giving him a call to check that he's got what you want and that he's not away on holiday.

Telephone no. is 0151 426 4607, he is only open Thursday & Friday all day and till about 1PM on Saturday. I have always found his prices to be very keen but for a lot of shooters his big plus point is that he only has 1 price - the thousand rate. He will sell you one box of 25 at the same rate as a thousand and if you buy a quantity of one type and can't get on with them for whatever reason he will take what's left back and credit you against an alternative. He will often deliver to one of the few remaining little clay shoots dotted throughout Cheshire. I've been buying my cartridges from him for the last 25 years and it's always a pleasure doing business with him.

Two final things, (1)don't forget your SGC when buying from him and (2) he did donate to the PW Charity raffle so we should at least give him a try :cry1::/.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Mr Potter

Depends whereabouts in Cheshire you are Kes as the cost of fuel can soon cancel out any savings, especially if you are only buying in (relatively) small quantities, but Station Garage in Rainhill (Merseyside) just off Junction 7 of the M62 is the best place for cartridges both clay & game loads. I think that he supplies Rainford Field Sports but I could be wrong. The proprietor, John Beswick has a really good stock of brands, sizes and weights but it's always worth giving him a call to check that he's got what you want and that he's not away on holiday.

Telephone no. is 0151 426 4607, he is only open Thursday & Friday all day and till about 1PM on Saturday. I have always found his prices to be very keen but for a lot of shooters his big plus point is that he only has 1 price - the thousand rate. He will sell you one box of 25 at the same rate as a thousand and if you buy a quantity of one type and can't get on with them for whatever reason he will take what's left back and credit you against an alternative. He will often deliver to one of the few remaining little clay shoots dotted throughout Cheshire. I've been buying my cartridges from him for the last 25 years and it's always a pleasure doing business with him.

Two final things, (1)don't forget your SGC when buying from him and (2) he did donate to the PW Charity raffle so we should at least give him a try :cry1::/.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Mr Potter

Totally agree :lol:

Don

Cheshire gun room are selling kent velocity 30g 6's for £165/thou, also offering delivery, don't know costs though.

£15 Delivery mate, so works out £4.50 a box if you get the 1000, which seems a good deal. I'm paying £5.85/box locally (Staffs)

Two final things, (1)don't forget your SGC when buying from him and (2) he did donate to the PW Charity raffle so we should at least give him a try :good::good:.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Mr Potter

Brill bit of info... thanks for this..

Kev

I have and will allways use Beswick in Rainhill he is very reliable he is a shooter and an all round good guy

Frank

Off to see John today, sounds like a really decent bloke, a couple of lads on our shoot can't speak highly enough of him either..

Link and directions for anyone interested.

John Beswick Rainhill

Edited by Terrierist