Just Some Thoughts On Home Affairs Select Committee and Gun Politics i

Algiz

The recent inquiry into firearms law following the shooting incidents in Cumbria, really got me thinking about the way this country is going.

Not so long ago I picked up a book, Graeme McLagan's Guns and Gangs.

It made very interesting reading;

30 years ago guns were the preserve of the crème de la crème of crime, you know, bank robbers, big time gangsters like the Krays and Richardsons.

Not so now today, you have low level criminals, predominantly of the ‘urban’ verity (if we are to be politically correct) carrying 9mm pistols and revolvers. With this new mass market for guns, you’re getting far more smuggled into the country. So there is a bigger supply and general availability of illegal guns.

You only have to turn on the news to see this, and anecdotal evidence is abound, we have all herd it down the pub, some ‘wannabe dodgy geezer’ giving it the big un about how he can get his hands on anything you may be looking for.... I had a mate, who had a mate who got himself into a bit of trouble with some nasty people, so he asked a mate of a mate if he could get him something...so he set it all up...now I never did hear what happened next, but I assume a purchase was made, as contrary to what they say at the news of the world, I doubt at that stage you can, ‘make your excuses and leave’. Apparently though, part of their quite sophisticated sales technique, was to start off by saying, there was no way they could sell him a pistol, they had none on them and the next consignment had all already been reserved, but for only an extra few hundred quid, they could sell him an Submachine gun.

Now the story has all the hallmarks of being high quality bullsh*t, but the fact it somewhat believable, says a lot. It pretty clear that, illegal guns have gone from being only available to certain criminals, to only really available to criminals in certain communities and cultures and the next logical step is that they will became available to ‘anyone who wants one’, a move which we are seeing happen now.

It would seem then that in a couple of years we are going to see most of the wind taken out of the media, government and anti’s sail, then again the mind boggles as to how people buy into it, in the first place. So who knows.... :good:

Surely though It's going to be much harder for them to argue the restricting shotguns to only farmers with the mental disposition of Ned Flanders crossed with Gandhi, when some nutter runs amuck with a fully automatic, fully illegal, AK47.

Edited by Algiz

Surely though It's going to be much harder for them to argue the restricting shotguns to only farmers with the mental disposition of Ned Flanders crossed with Gandhi, when some nutter runs amuck with a fully automatic, fully illegal, AK47.

not really, because thats using logic, something that the gun control nuts and the powers that be are strangely lacking in :good:

You know what the anti’s always say-

“If the new tougher gun-laws aren’t working………it’s because they aren’t tough enough”.

No amount of law-making or tough legislation will stop gun crime, because criminals will always get guns…It’s something the likes of Gill Marshal-Andrews will never understand, because she associates all gun owners with gun crime. And Nu-Labour would rather listen to her and the GCN because they all think alike. :good::yes:

G.M.

The recent inquiry into firearms law following the shooting incidents in Cumbria and Northumbria, really got me thinking about the way this country is going.

The fact that these two incidents have been put together in the same category by someone who clearly is pro-gun and procrastinating about the limitations of gun control just shows how well the anti-gun lobby have infiltrated the minds of everyone, assuming you're referring to Rauol Moat as the incident in Northumbria. :yes:

Derrick Bird unfortunately used legally obtained firearms to commit his crimes, Moat used an illegal gun. The blurring of the line between the two is what the anti-gun lobby want to see increased as it helps to demonise all firearms users. :good:

I made no reference to Moat in my submission to the Home Affairs Committee, as i thought it was obvious that, that incident was a clear example of why present gun control is ineffective and doesn't stop criminals getting guns. I'm starting to wish i hadn't :good:

Mark

The fact that these two incidents have been put together in the same category by someone who clearly is pro-gun and procrastinating about the limitations of gun control just shows how well the anti-gun lobby have infiltrated the minds of everyone, assuming you're referring to Rauol Moat as the incident in Northumbria. :hmm:

Derrick Bird unfortunately used legally obtained firearms to commit his crimes, Moat used an illegal gun. The blurring of the line between the two is what the anti-gun lobby want to see increased as it helps to demonise all firearms users. :blink:

I made no reference to Moat in my submission to the Home Affairs Committee, as i thought it was obvious that, that incident was a clear example of why present gun control is ineffective and doesn't stop criminals getting guns. I'm starting to wish i hadn't :P

Mark

Sorry late night copy and paste job.........

Was off the BASC's website though...

The UK’s largest shooting organisation, the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC), has submitted evidence to the influential Home Affairs Select Committee.

The committee announced that it intends to hold a thorough inquiry into firearms law following the shooting incidents in Cumbria and Northumbria.

BASC believes the inquiry could be critical to the future of shooting sports in the UK and called on all who shoot to submit their own views to the

I will sort it now. :stupid:

As it happens I was going to talk about Moat today, the other night I was thinking about cases where illigal guns were used in 'shooting sprees' (a small % of gun deaths but one the anti's like to point to as being 'something legal gun owners do') and Moat slipped my mind.

One thing I think the ants will argue about Moat though is that his shotgun probebly started its life on a SGC before being stolen and sawn off.

Not so with the case of Jonathan Laidlaw though, as he was using a pistol that had definatly been illigally smuggled into the country.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/154...e-shooting.html

As you said to us it is all too obvious, but the mind boggles.....

I read a letter in the Metro, some woman, reckons 'guns should be kept at the local police station'.

I mean where do you start.......

Edited by Algiz

I read a letter in the Metro, some woman, reckons 'guns should be kept at the local police station'.

I mean where do you start.......

Well first place is to educate, take these people to somewhere shooting actually happens, let them see the safety, control and care shown by legal gun owners all the none shooting public see is the Media portrayal of guns, look at the witness comments from the Bird news coverage....They see hollywood guns, TV guns, illegal guns, but never a legal gun being used legally!

Well first place is to educate, take these people to somewhere shooting actually happens, let them see the safety, control and care shown by legal gun owners all the none shooting public see is the Media portrayal of guns, look at the witness comments from the Bird news coverage....They see hollywood guns, TV guns, illegal guns, but never a legal gun being used legally!

Oh yeah, education is key, at the minute as you say people recive a very one sided view, even bringing these subjects up in conversation with friends and family goes some way to fight the anti's propaganda.