First night out with the lamp in ages.

EastSussexLad

A couple weeks ago the old man bought him self a .243ruger, heavy barrel - changing scopes from his old parker hale we decided to re zero all the rifles today and go out for a couple hours tonight.

Only done two fields, both within 10feet of each other split by a river. Pulled straight into the first field drove up a small hill and the lamp goes on, spotted around four but only two playing ball - Got into a position for a safe shot and started to squeak, one came running straight in up the left hand side up a hedgerow dad then dropped it on the spot.

Then the lamp decided it was going to cut out, so ended up ******* around for 10 minutes trying to sort it. Lamp now back on quick flick round and charlies making his way round behind us, dad gets out the motor and shoots him off the bonnet.

As the other two weren't playing ball we decided to leave them and come back later, pulled up in the next gate way, .243 goes away and the .22lr comes out.. take the sun roof out the landy and away we go - Not shot this field for rabbits in around a year so the place was teeming, but only needing a few for a couple blokes in the pub i didn't go mad. Driving around dad spots charlie in a hedgerow at around 45yards dropped him on the spot, a few more rabbits later we decided to call it on the rabbits and driving back to the gate another fox is making his way towards the gate, squeaked him and he came running - stopped him at about 30yards and down he goes.

Finishing off in the first field, drove around a little and spotted a fox it the bottom corner.. had to drive a little to get a safe shot and to notice that the fox had a very bad limp, dad didn't take no chances and put him out of his misery. :yes::lol:

post-8827-1283642069.jpg

post-8827-1283642076.jpg

Excellent result and a good write up and photos. Well done mate! :lol:??????

Yes i agree with the comment above he did shoot well i must admit and like he said its been ages at one point i thought about saying the lamp had packed up again to give the rabbits a chance befor he wipes them out for me :yes:

on the note of the ruger well my faithfull parker hale .243 which i have had for almost 15 years and served well is now in the lads room that ruger never missed a beat the heavy barrel makes all the diffrence you could see the drop unlike the lighter sporting .243 we made the rounds 70grain speer hollow point with 43 grains of h414 the lad made some for the first time who know thay may well have been the ones with the result

i must admit i enjoyed some time with the lad hopefully we will get out a bit more