GOLF COURSE RESULTS.

Frank

Was out with lamp and my CZ .223 tonight, again. :thumbs: :lol:

Had a phone call this noon from the caretaker of the golf course asking me if i was going to control the hares or not. :oops: :*)

He said they were getting out of hand.

So for some peace, i went out, not the best of nights, FULL MOON. ;) Beaming right down on me. :oops:

I found a clump of thick fur trees and nestled down and waited till things settled down. A breeze started up and some cloud came over, i started to see shadows of movement on the golf course and new it was hares. Swithed the lamp on and counted about 13 :lol: , flaming nora.

Shot 2, at around 130yds and the rest dispersed, the boom of the .223 rattled them.

I waited for another while but started to freeze and was just going down to pick up the hares when in the distance i could see a shape of what i thought was a dog going towards the hares i shot in the moonlight.

Switched the lamp on straight away and their was charlie, going for my hares.

He sat down and looked at me, big mistake, one dead fox. :lol:

Im now warming up, as i was frozen, pic below, top hare chest shot, 2nd hare neck shot, with the 40gr billistic tips and the fox is chest shot too, but the bullet did not exit, completely exploded inside the fox. :lol:

Edited by Frank

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beem their, done that mate, thats why i came over here to get a balance and shoot to my hearts content. :thumbs: I still work, but not as stress full as it was in the UK.

Been here 17 years now and love every miniute of it. :oops:

thats it you make me feel better lol , Only 2 hours to go and 3 planes left .. So not long now ;)

Well done frank :thumbs:

Sounds as if the caretaker wants you to put a big dent in the hare population on that course ;) Get out the .22rim for a few nights to keep him happy before he tries something/someone else :oops:

I think your right Kip. Ill do it for a night or 2 to bring them down a bit, then do a couple of trips at dawn, should do the trick. :oops:

Yet another Ph call 10 miniutes ago from a farmer who has lost a lamb. The other farmer i got the foxes for, put me on to him.

From now till may, i have a feeling i will be getting more of them, now that lambing is slowly under way. :thumbs:

Yet another Ph call 10 miniutes ago from a farmer who has lost a lamb. The other farmer i got the foxes for, put me on to him.

From now till may, i have a feeling i will be getting more of them, now that lambing is slowly under way. ;)

some people get all the good luck :thumbs:

sounds like your foxing has really taken off recently mate.

best of luck with it, your doing a great job by the looks of it.

Are there enough hours in the day for you to keep up with it :thumbs:

I work 3 days one week and 2 days the next, rest is shooting and family, hard to all fit it in at times. ;) But i get by. :lol:

I sort of do pest control part time, but its more to get shooting really, although it seems to be picking up. :oops:

Fox courses, mmm, interesting, whos interested? :oops:

heres food for thought, the warraner (spelling?) who is the most heard of and well documented fox controller over here, sells a day (or is it weekend) shooting with him (him teaching you his tricks) for ........ £150!!!!!!!!!!

it is like a 14 hour day, but even so...

Edited by dunganick

heres food for thought, the warraner (spelling?) who is the most heard of and well documented fox controller over here, sells a day (or is it weekend) shooting with him (him teaching you his tricks) for ........ £150!!!!!!!!!!

Its for a day :thumbs:

Blimey ;) , that sounds good, converted, thats about 220 euro, not bad for a days work. :thumbs:

****** that's blown our cheap weekend to Ireland nick ;):oops::oops::lol:

Edited by kip270

****** that's blown our cheap weekend to Ireland nick ;):oops::oops::lol:

:lol:

dont worry, im sure there would be a pigeon watch member dicount :lol::lol:

****** that's blown our cheap weekend to Ireland nick ;):oops::lol::lol:

:lol:

dont worry, im sure there would be a pigeon watch member dicount :beer::lol:

Im still thinking about it :oops: , but of course, if i do go ahead, their might just be a discount. :beer::lol::beer:

the warrener i belive lives in tavistock south devon near me, hes a legend, its true that he does various courses over 1 and 2 days usualy in the 150-200 pound mark, they r long days but when u have someone with as much knowledge and experiance giving u tips and teaching u its well worth it

box of 32g no 5 lyalvale express - £3.50

browning gold 10g stalker - £900

Dearhunter ram jacket - £129

Learning from the warrener - priceless

haha sorry its been a slow day and im at my wits end, i feel i may get a tumble weed responce

although the man obviously knows his stuff, in my opinion £150+ for a day with him is a joke.

you could probably find someone local to you if you have a word with a game keeper, who shoots nearly as many foxes as the warraner, he would probably have almost as much knoledge (although maybe not in area's such as fox decoys)

but im just tight....so 150 seems like alot to be taught pest control by someone :lol:

I wonder how many foxes he shoots in a season? It would be intersting to know. Must be hundreds.

Calling foxes in from along way is not too diffucult, if the fox is willing to respond to the call, iv done it a few times.

Once i called a fox by just making churping noises, like you would call a dog from not too far away. The fox in question was around 200 yds away :sly: Unbeliaveble, it wasn't that loud aswell, he came like a bullet, had to stop him by shouting,'HEY. :devil: