gun shops around essex

Essex Keeper

im after a good gun shop with a wide range of rifles and shotguns with good staff i know a few but some of you will know some better shops

Eastern Sporting Eastern Sporting Limited

Unit 3 The Bringey

Church Street

Great Baddow

Chelmsford

Essex

UK

CM2 7JW

Tel: 01245 477 600

Fax: 01245 478 905

Great shop I have been their many times and they provide a great service friendly owner who does not make you feel uncomfortable.

Eastern Sporting Eastern Sporting Limited

Unit 3 The Bringey

Church Street

Great Baddow

Chelmsford

Essex

UK

CM2 7JW

Tel: 01245 477 600

Fax: 01245 478 905

Great shop I have been their many times and they provide a great service friendly owner who does not make you feel uncomfortable.

Would absolutely back this up, eastern sporting are seriously the best, mays of london in buckhurst hill are also v. good, depends where in essex you are from.

H.

Essex Gun and Eastern Sporting are both great shops and worthy of a browse around. Personally I use Eastern a lot more as it's far closer and I've built a relationship with the staff. But if I'm ever in the area around Essex Gun I always pop in - they have a huge range of guns and shooting equipment, although I feel they sometimes have less time to spend with individuals. Eastern Sporting are a busy shop but the owner always makes time to help his customers - he is very customer friendly and you don't feel stupid asking daft questions.

You could also try Leech and Sons in Boreham. Tiny cluttered shop - but Dave (the owner) is quite a character and likes to win your business if he can. He is also probably one of the best local gunsmiths around - there isn't much he doesn't know about. It's always worth popping in and have a chat with Dave - if only to buy some ammo and wind him up when he writes it on your FAC and always checks what you've been buying elsewhere! Dave also has a knack of having certain ammo (eg Eley .22 Subs) when everybody has no stock due to supply problems.

I would encourage you to not adopt a "I wouldn't go anywhere else" attitude - they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Good luck,

Steve

from my own experience visiting both essex gun and eastern sporting

essex gun, been quite a few times to buy cartridges, on most occassions Ive felt unwanted as a customer, no smiles,general chatter or anything, never felt at ease in the shop

eastern sporting, totally different atmosphere alltogether, feel welcome the minute you walk in the door, even before they know if your there to spend money or not, always get chatted to by staff, and not just gun talk, and thing I liked most, once they have seen your certificate/s, they then call you by your first name on every visit after, its the only shop I will ever buy from now :good:

from my own experience visiting both essex gun and eastern sporting

essex gun, been quite a few times to buy cartridges, on most occassions Ive felt unwanted as a customer, no smiles,general chatter or anything, never felt at ease in the shop

eastern sporting, totally different atmosphere alltogether, feel welcome the minute you walk in the door, even before they know if your there to spend money or not, always get chatted to by staff, and not just gun talk, and thing I liked most, once they have seen your certificate/s, they then call you by your first name on every visit after, its the only shop I will ever buy from now :good:

when i got my first shotgun i bought it from the barn near royston cambridge ended up with a gun which cost me loads not the best service,

now im hoping to get a .22 i want to find some were i can buy with confidence and know there dont just want my money help me out with good advise

when i got my first shotgun i bought it from the barn near royston cambridge ended up with a gun which cost me loads not the best service,

now im hoping to get a .22 i want to find some were i can buy with confidence and know there dont just want my money help me out with good advise

Exactly the position I was in earlier this year. I went along to Eastern Sporting - Alan helped me with details of the FAC application process and then talked me through all the options regarding .22 rifles to help me make my decision - with no pressure to go any specific way other than my own choice.

Just pop in and tell Alan or Jim where you are - they'll help you out I promise!

Steve

Roding Armoury

I think you mean Abridge Armoury, they're my nearest choice and actually very good, a bit more old fashioned than eastern sporting perhaps and a little more pricey (alan's prices - eastern sporting- for .17HMR are bloody good last i checked), but happy for a chat and to give advice. Roding Armoury went a while ago now, and were terrible, but i thought they only did air rifles and shotguns, couldnt bear the place. Field Stream and Covert in hatfield heath i occasionally go to too, but the service isn't always that good and the prices can be a little frightening.