Bluing Advice

Norrie

Hi Guys, I'm having the stock and foregrip on my Rizzinni 12g o/u refurbed by a cracking guy on this forum..., and its coming home next week...so, I'm going to attempt a reblue of the barrels...any help in choosing a decent blue...I have no idea about this at all, so any advice on what make to buy will be gratefully received. :look:

Thanks in advance..:look:

Hi Guys, I'm having the stock and foregrip on my Rizzinni 12g o/u refurbed by a cracking guy on this forum..., and its coming home next week...so, I'm going to attempt a reblue of the barrels...any help in choosing a decent blue...I have no idea about this at all, so any advice on what make to buy will be gratefully received. :look:

Thanks in advance..:look:

I did try it once , made a real mess.!! So, my advise DONT.

send the shotgun to colin at manchester guns and let him do the blueing he is cheap and the work will be spot on. ive seen a a number of threads where people have had theres done buy him and they said the blueing was superb

Hiya, Hmmm, didnt think about me making a mess of it... :look: I have tho, been told about Manchester Guns, they are meant to be the dogs doodahs...so, think I'll give them a call right now.

Is this them???

http://www.manchesterairguns.co.uk/

Cheers lads..:look:

Edited by Norrie

Hiya, What a nice guy Colin is....he told me to test the brazing/solder whatever, and see if it's a silver colour...well it is...:cry1:, so, I now need to get hold of Rizzini, and give them the serial number to see if the barrells can be hot blued..as if they cant, and it gets done, the barrels will come apart..:P

He also tells me that cold blue is NOT up to the job of doing whole barrels, just for scratches etc..:look:

So, next step is contact Rizzini...

I'll keep you up to speed... :look:

Thanks again guys..

I have used Outers' Gunslick Gun Blue (Cold) and had good results doing barrels.

My first attempt was not too good (on an old Winchester Cooey) but that was my fault for not cleaning the barrels properly proir to blueing.

Since my first attempt I have now blued' over thirty sets of barrels for people. All were pleased with the result!

Get an old/cheap shotgun to start with and give it a go, it's easy!

advice - don't do it!

Agreed.

Rick.

I did try it once , made a real mess.!! So, my advise DONT.

couldn't agree more............. don't cut any corners, have it done professionally ..... unless you want dark brown streaky barrells, in which case go for it

I've blued a few guns with Birchwood Casey, & as said in the previous posts, preparation is a must, the more time you spend on it before the application of the blue itself, the better the end result will be.

I also find that this blue will make a excellent job on some barrels compared to others. I blued a Bruno Mod-2, & the result was excellent, then again I blued a Sabel SxS 12g, that looked OK for a while, then the blueing started to disappear, it's obviously different steel.

I've a different blueing method now, & I'm going to have a test pilot on my ParkerHale Mod in the very near future, see how this turns out. If it's OK I'll blue the Sabel SxS that didn't take the BirchWood Casey.

Don't be put off, remember the preparation & have a go, :lol:

BJ