Hello

spurgate

Hello to everyone.

I have just become involved in this sport and need so help and advice.

I started 1 year ago training my gundog and have had a fantastic 1st year. Next month will be my first season picking up with her and really looking forward to it. :lol:

I have just joined a small syndicate in Essex which allows me for a small sum to shoot pigeon and rabbits.

I have read so many mags i am more confused than when i new nothing. :oops: I already own a shotgun and will hopefully very soon be getting an air rifle. what else do i need to get me started? for instance what type and how many decoys, what is the best type of hide etc.

Thanks.

Hi, my advice would be to find somebody to tag along with. Reading books is one thing, but learning how to do something is a completely different challenge all together. Best of luck, and take things slowly - don't go buying truck loads of kit as chances are you will soon realise you bought all the wrong stuff ! Possibly worth asking the other beaters / pickers on the shoot (after a couple of weeks) as chances are they shoot as well. :oops:

Hello to everyone.

I have just become involved in this sport and need so help and advice.

I started 1 year ago training my gundog and have had a fantastic 1st year. Next month will be my first season picking up with her and really looking forward to it. :good:

I have just joined a small syndicate in Essex which allows me for a small sum to shoot pigeon and rabbits.

I have read so many mags i am more confused than when i new nothing. :yahoo: I already own a shotgun and will hopefully very soon be getting an air rifle. what else do i need to get me started? for instance what type and how many decoys, what is the best type of hide etc.

Thanks.

Hi welcome to pigeon watch.

If you read my link I may be able to help you.

If you look under shooting available, and then new to pigeon shooting you will find my references, I am based in Stevenage so not too far from you.

You will find everyone on PW very helpful and the site is a wealth of knowledge and experience.

bakerboy