Woodburner improvements

reddan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in your house Gary it would be nigh on impossible for anyone to say whether it was a new installation or not, it could have been installed before the regs came in after all. Though I've done up a few houses now and all had building regs applications for the building work always fitted log burners at the same time and never been asked about them, realistically they are hard to fit wrongly though people do the risks are lower than having an open fire whatever you do. As for CO burning wood with a good airflow the risk is very low if the stove leaks fumes back you certainly know about it as the room fills with smpke and it stinks. Looking good though, my new one is currently sat in the kitchen waiting to go in as your plumber may have mentioned, getting the liner in was interesting but its always fun trying to do a Rod Hull impression off the roof

Old thread I know, but I cba to start a new one..

I've just had my open fire converted to a 5kw log burner, and I'm very pleased with the result and it's heating performance compared to the fire of old... Last night the room thermostat was pushing 24c

No longer will I be a slave to the LPG / Propane Nazi's who seem to dream the price of gas up, depending on what phase the moon is in.

Here's a pic.. I've just ordered one of these fancy "Ecofan's" to go on top, The verdict on whether it's a gimic is out for the minute, but then there is always ebay after all ;)

I'd be interested to hear if the ecofan is any good. I was considering one, but they're pretty pricey. (Apparently they won't work if there's a draft blowing the other way as they're not powerful enough - and there is a draft blowing into my living room). I did try a normal pedestal fan, just to move the warm air around rather than leaving it sitting under my register plate, and I think it helped a bit...

Here's our stove install. Flue exit out the back to allow the stove to come forward and convect to the room better.

Although once the harder weather hits, I don't use it. Just use the central heating because it's powered by a woodchip boiler.

This makes the farmhouse really hot indeed. :good:

post-20145-0-01762700-1323766318.jpg