Birky

Hi I'm new to the forum so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm 40 years old, live in west yorkshire,ex army and have a small CCTV company, I haven't hunted game since I was 15 with my dad so any advise please go for it. My son has not got 3ferrets and we go clay shooting on a weekend. I have an air rifle and have applied for a shotgun certificate (not over confidant on getting this as I thumped a bus driver a couple of years ago and got a caution for battery). We are currently looking for permission to take the ferrets out, but again were still learning. If you have any advise it would be appreciated.

Regards

Birky

Hi I'm new to the forum so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm 40 years old, live in west yorkshire,ex army and have a small CCTV company, I haven't hunted game since I was 15 with my dad so any advise please go for it. My son has not got 3ferrets and we go clay shooting on a weekend. I have an air rifle and have applied for a shotgun certificate (not over confidant on getting this as I thumped a bus driver a couple of years ago and got a caution for battery). We are currently looking for permission to take the ferrets out, but again were still learning. If you have any advise it would be appreciated.

Regards

Birky

Posting this in the correct section may be a start fella lol like "Welcome to Pigeon Watch"

Thumping bus drivers is frowned upon by the Constabulary as is any act of violence and could effect the granting of a SGC to be honest :yes:

welcome to the forum mate

Les :lol:

Edited by Lez325

Yep, as Les says "You have posted this in the wrong section". Not to worry, the moderators will soon move it no doubt!

Even so, Welcome to the forum mate! Where in West Yorkshire are you as I am only just on the border myself. If you would rather not say on open forum you can contact me by PM as I might have some Ferretting work in the relatively near future that your son and you might be onterested in helping with.

Guys, this is a one off offer to a new member as a welcoming gesture so please don't bombard me with offers of help!

Hi Les i shouldn't of done it really he hit my 11 year old son on a school bus a long story really but it really holds you back later in life. Thanks for the post :yes:

No worries - It happens

I have ample land for ferreting- shame Im too far realy - you could have had 1000's of acres to ferett and be helping me out too

Les

Wow thanks for the welcome. Sorry it took me a while to reply I'm not used to forums ??? thanks for the offer we live north Bradford. Like said though were still learning, I haven't been ferreting since I was about 13 years old. I will pm you my tel number. And once again thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

Yep, as Les says "You have posted this in the wrong section". Not to worry, the moderators will soon move it no doubt!

Even so, Welcome to the forum mate! Where in West Yorkshire are you as I am only just on the border myself. If you would rather not say on open forum you can contact me by PM as I might have some Ferretting work in the relatively near future that your son and you might be onterested in helping with.

Guys, this is a one off offer to a new member as a welcoming gesture so please don't bombard me with offers of help!

Well done frenchieboy that's what we need for new members, great gesture