Shoot maps

sitsinhedges

Any ideas how to get permission maps.

The OS maps that you get at WH Smiths are not ideal and are also several years out of date.

Picked up a new permission today and would like to get the farmer to mark out exactly where I can go.

Google Earth (the free one at least) doesn't seem to do anything that is user friendly with footpaths etc on it.

I was hoping for some kind of online map that I could trim and print off.

Any ideas :rolleyes:

I tend to use www.bing.com for maps as the photo shows fields boundaries that the OS maps don't. I print the colour image and then draw the permission boundaries in and the photocopy it onto the back of a copy of the perm slip.

AB

Every time I try and print a Bing map it doesn't show any of the detail, frustrating cos they are just the ticket as they are :rolleyes:

I have used the orange OS maps for many yrs..cant remember what scale they are but i have large plots of land i find them ideal, i photo copy trim mark out the boundaries then fablon them, and also various areas of interest on what ever land i google earth and print and fablon them as well, they all go into a handy folder with all my perm slips and ins details.

Mick

Every time I try and print a Bing map it doesn't show any of the detail, frustrating cos they are just the ticket as they are :good:

I just zoom in the get the right size and then use the embedded print link which brings it up in another window with a handy comments box, where i put the Farmers name, Farm Name and contact number - then print - hey presto!

• 4 years later...