Recommend me a multiplayer co-operative shoot 'em up

Mungler

As it says on the tin. Something easy to play with the kids and straight away that doesn't require hours of working out, training levels and setting up characters.

I know I can play on-line but I don't - at my age getting one's bottom kicked by a teenage geek from a different country whilst he screams "owned" and "ownage" doesn't have much appeal.

Accordingly, it will be to play "locally" on the same telly.

I have a couple of the Tom Clancy ones - the 1st one is nice and simple. The later ones including some assault on Vegas scenario is too hard - I like my game play terrorists to die easily and not shoot back with any accuracy.

As it says on the tin. Something easy to play with the kids and straight away that doesn't require hours of working out, training levels and setting up characters.

I know I can play on-line but I don't - at my age getting one's bottom kicked by a teenage geek from a different country whilst he screams "owned" and "ownage" doesn't have much appeal.

Accordingly, it will be to play "locally" on the same telly.

I have a couple of the Tom Clancy ones - the 1st one is nice and simple. The later ones including some assault on Vegas scenario is too hard - I like my game play terrorists to die easily and not shoot back with any accuracy.

You can play over your local network. It's loads better, as you get the advantage of the other person not being able to see your screen.

Just take a CAT5 cable and run it between the two consoles via a router, or do it wirelessly, again, via the router.

I'd say Call of Duty is the one to go for. However my favourites are the Ghost Recon games

4lL y0ur b45e2 R Bel0NG 70 u2

Nope, local networking this that and the other or two consoles ain't going to happen.

Two people playing on one console on one large telly - now name that game.

But you lose the 'Right I'm going to hide behind this rock and you'll never see me' as the split screen means whoever you're playing against can just look on your screen

if you want a co-operative 2 player, dependant on the age (and sesitivity) of your kids give borderlands a try.

maybe too much gore for overly sensitive (young) children, but mine love 2 player on it.

its co-operative as in you play together as a team, not against each other.

halo 3 can be played like this as well, although not as good in my opinion.

also you've got army of two, and gears of war (i think).

didn't really like army of 2 was a bit too involved for my old brain, but everyones different.

if you get chance borrow or hire borderlands. it plays so much better than it looks like it will on the box.

you get to pick the missions you want to do and

its splitscreen so the characters dont have to be doing the same thing in the same area.

you've probably already done it but youtube it and have a look.