Binatone Action 950 Two Way Radio

jojusa

Binatone Action 950 Two Way Radios are on sale this week at Aldi for £29.99 from thurs 21st Oct.

These radio's normally retail for around £45 so might be worth a look for anyone thinking of radio's.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_15960.htm

Is this a single handset or the twinpack that sells elsewhere for £45ish - I can't quite work it out although I would assume they would be a twinpack?

Our failed attempts to bag a few of our partridges yeststerday left us all in no doubt that we got to be a bit more organised the next time and a set of 2 way radios should help a bit and these look just the job. Has anyone who's used them got an opinion of this model or should we be looking at something else?

Edited by paul99

Is this a single handset or the twinpack that sells elsewhere for £45ish - I can't quite work it out although I would assume they would be a twinpack?

Our failed attempts to bag a few of our partridges yeststerday left us all in no doubt that we got to be a bit more organised the next time and a set of 2 way radios should help a bit and these look just the job. Has anyone who's used them got an opinion of this model or should we be looking at something else?

It's the twinpack paul, we use two way's and they help a lot so i would recommend getting some. ;)

I managed to get my hands on a set myself too - first time ever I've managed to get an Aldi special offer. Nice to see they run on common AAA rechargeables too so easy to pick up a decent set of hybrids should the batteries not be up to the job. A quick test whilst walking the dogs proves to me they will be perfect for the job we have in mind not sure why I've never got a set before. Their now on charge and will get the first real test tommorrow after the partridges...

Thanks again to jojusa for bringing them to my attention :yes:

My aldi never had them :good:

Mine usually doesn't get any special offers either so was pleasantly surprised to find they had these radios. That said I think I've heard somewhere that you can actually request that your local store order in the special offers for you? - whether this is right or not I don't know but it can't help asking.

Mine usually doesn't get any special offers either so was pleasantly surprised to find they had these radios. That said I think I've heard somewhere that you can actually request that your local store order in the special offers for you? - whether this is right or not I don't know but it can't help asking.

dont know about that, but you should always ask the manager as they dont always put the valuable stuff out.

I use this type off radio in fox control but I use a headset and throatmike that way I hear the radio but the fox doesnt if you wait for the lidl radios they have headsets the binatone ones I couldnt get headsets for, :good:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plantronics-Handsfre...2e14931ffdbdc48 no good? they have jack plugs on them just may be none standard wiring I dont need headsets as they are mainly for work use good review here:http://www.transmission1.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9995

The radios had a live testing this morning and they were perfect - more than enough range for what we need (tested up to 1.3miles according to Google Earth so far and that was crystal clear). They really proved their value where mobile phone signal was non existent. I think we'll have a few more of them next weekends outing following todays success :good:. Batteries lasted all day and when I checked 15mins ago were still showing as full. To top it all off they even provided us with some half time entertainment courtesy of a local school who it seemed had a riot on their hands going by the sheer level of panic the staff sounded to be in - it was nothing so sinister though - only a minor scrap between two yr 8 kids so we got to find out later - how things have altered in that school so quickly :good:.

What you will find is at opening time,10 market traders will buy the lot up,leaving no offers for anyone,which I found out to my horror one thurs mornin,there were 8 of them so I couldent say anything to em as they were huge guys and ide not ate my spinach that mornin.

Not market traders, ebayers! I wanted to buy a golf trolley from Lidls to use as a shooting trolley but arrived about mid day to find they had all gone. The man I spoke to said it happens every week. Thats why these stores never seem to have the special offers when you go in.