An Enjoyable Day Out

steve_b_wales

welldone mate a good bag there :yes:

steve whats your thoughts on the flapper as i am considering buying 1 today are they

worth the money and are they strong anough to last

thanks dm

A 'must have' bit of kit in my opinion. I have used mine for years (UK SHOOTWAREHOUSE) and it's served me well. My two biggest bags using one on my own is 53, and 128. I also recommend the Primos Power crow caller. It's another bit of kit that has prooved invaluable.

Steve.

Very nice bag Steve and Mark, good write up as well. :yes::hmm::lol: .

I'll have to join you one day.

But first of all i think i'll invest in some crow decoys and see if i can tap into the

local crow populous up around my local farms. Be glad of a bag half that size lol.

Glad you both enjoyed your day mate.

ATB

DD

Edited by deputy dog

what are floaters like on a hillside like that steve where they are low to the deeks by the time they are 50 / 60 yard out because of the elevation..

The floaters are, sometimes, hit or miss. With a good breeze, they seem to work well, although, just putting a bird on them and pointing it in the direction of the decoys, also seems to work.

If the ground is suitable, I would put the floater/s on a ridge, or brow of a hill. The birds should then see it, come over to 'have a look', and then see the decoys, flapper, rotator. In theory, this should work everytime. In reality, it works most times.

Hope this helps. Amy other questions, just ask.

Steve. :yes: