Shotgun Cabinet

Laird Lugton

I seem to have a common problem that my better half refuses to have a gun in the house.

I have a shotgun certificate and a cabinet approved by my local FEO.

Could I install the cabinet, get it approved and store my guns in my parents home which is close by even though they wouldn't have a SGC? Is that an option?

Regards,

Laird Lugton

OK 2 issues one i personally think your partner needs to be on board, having cabinet elsewhere can be a pain especially if the cabinet is in a non eSGC holders house. Some FEO will allow it just ring and ask. IF parents dont have keys to cabinet (which they can't) and their house is suitably secure then you should be OK.

Leaves you a bigger issue longterm.

I understand the "no guns in the house" view from people who have no experience of guns...Life is about compromise and some can surprise you, my GF changed her mind and nagged me to get my SGC having been totally against it when i first mentioned it.

I seem to have a common problem that my better half refuses to have a gun in the house.

Could I install the cabinet, get it approved and store my guns in my parents home which is close by even though they wouldn't have a SGC? Is that an option?

Regards,

Laird Lugton

NO, grow a set or it will only get worse!

Tell the other half you will install her in you folks house instead!

Regards,

Laird Lugton

yup you can have it down your parents home no problem, nobody in the house has SGC or FAC and i keep my rifles and shotties in parents house. i had my licence when i lived with them and when i moved into rented accom i never took it with me, now i have a house of my own i still havent moved it..! it does get a bit of a pain but my parents only live 5 minutes away so not too far to travel.

My wife doesnt like the fact i shoot fluffy cute animals but stioll wouldnt stop me haveing guns in the house, go down the "it will be much safer" route..! if it doenst work, buy her a pair of shoes!works every time!lol! :good:

Thanks, I'll speak to my FEO.

My wife was the same years ago and I convinced her to come to a clay

club just to watch what was going on, she started to have a few tries and

loved mixing with the other women there,met a lot of new friends and

soon owned her own gun,still shoots now and is quite good,she admitted

years later that making her go fishing on piers at night in winter was the

deciding factor,she never came fishing again after starting shooting,

HINT HINT :good: