A spin off from pating for days thread

One of the main arguments against paying for either shootin woodies or paying to come for a days ferretting is that both are seen vermin.

Now if your and me are doing such a favour to farmer and there vermin would you be happy for the gamedealer to take your bags off you for free as in some eyed they are pure vermin.

Would you still go shooting and rabbitting if this was the case ?.

Regards OTH

One of the main arguments against paying for either shootin woodies or paying to come for a days ferretting is that both are seen vermin.

Now if your and me are doing such a favour to farmer and there vermin would you be happy for the gamedealer to take your bags off you for free as in some eyed they are pure vermin.

Would you still go shooting and rabbitting if this was the case ?.

Regards OTH

If a farmer has a problem area i go out to get rid of problem which means heart shots , game dealer won't take em so there fox bait or food depending if the freezers full :good:

So the question is really, " would you still go shooting vermin, if you couldn't sell what you shot ?"

I would suggest that very few vermin shooters actually sell what they shoot, most don't shoot enough to sell, or its not saleable (foxes, crows, rats, etc), or they prefer to eat it themselves, or give it away.

Absolutely! Haven't sold anything for years. Eat a bit of it, give most away, I try not to waste any good eating. Tend to pate' pigeon breasts and give most of it away like that. If there's too many rabbits about the local wildlife park will have them for feed.

Edited by JR1960