iPhone clock

Bagsy

i've just read that apparently the alarms need to be named differently than they were previously. IOS 4.2 is not far away so im not going to loose too much sleep over it :angry:

You can download 4.2 now. You'll just have the Gold Master developer edition, but it's basically the finished product.

I can link you if you like.

Oh and yes, my alarms didn't go back to their old names.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can it be fixed or do I have to keep setting my alarm an hour early?

Erm, as I managed to muck up my alarm this morning, I can't really advise anything. I'd set two alarms and I'll let you know if I find anything.

If you're really stuck you could manually update to 4.2 GM which has a bug fix for the alarm issue.

Recurring alarms go off 1 hour after their indicated time.

Single occurrence alarms work as normal.

This is what i have found anyway....

Yup.. I'm having to set a new alarm every night.

4.2 full release comes out on Sunday. Sadly, I can't update :good: So stuck with the manual alarm for now

• 1 month later...

Well blow me it only happened again this morning.....set my alarm for 7.45 and woke up at 9am when I should have been walking out the door. Two of us us on this morning's shoot experienced this.

Not good enough Apple, once was bad enough but twice :no:

The issue should self repair itself by tomorrow morning. Apple had ample opportunity to fix the bug, but didn't bother. It was mainly down to the fact that they're not keen on releasing stuff too quickly for the Jailbreaking teams to get hold of and so that people don't get "updating fatigue"

• 2 months later...

I thought about getting this thread going again, but looks like I've been beaten to it.

I'd set another alarm tomorrow, just in case.

I know it's a bit late at night, but if you're not running iOS 4.3.1 you're not up to date. Make sure you're running the most up to date software.

Never had a single update!

Exactly :sly: I digital item that's never upgraded - worst invention ever.

4.3 is actually fine. 4.3.1 was released to close up the iOS jailbreak vulnerability which was discovered at the pwn2own competition (Apple will give out prizes to hackers who find vulnerabilities with the software)

Updated mine last week - took a bleeding age, and lost all music and contacts (now recovered) total Pain.

For future reference. It's

Plug in>Sync>Update

You can't go far wrong if you follow that rule.

Oh and if you're finding your iPhone is running slow, have you closed your background applications?