calling all boy racers

mad1

any one know how to improve the performance on one of these its been a long time since i was into max power magazines and the like . I have bought one for the wife as a first car for her and its like a go kart :innocent: i forgot how much fun they can be after drivin a 4x4 . Any tips or shall i just put a 2litre turbo engine in :angry: any help or advise will be a help

Remove the fuel injection and stick twin 40 DCOE Webers on-then put it on a rolling road to set it up.The carburettors alone are worth 30bhp (fuel injection is a compromise with economy,emissions and cost),but at full tilt your mpg will struggle to hit double figures.Decatted along with a stainless exhaust,K&N filter should add another 5-10bhp.

After that-nitrous.

That takes me back! :hmm:

any one know how to improve the performance on one of these its been a long time since i was into max power magazines and the like . I have bought one for the wife as a first car for her and its like a go kart :lol: i forgot how much fun they can be after drivin a 4x4 . Any tips or shall i just put a 2litre turbo engine in :hmm: any help or advise will be a help

As its her first car i cant wait for you to tell the insurance company about all these mods... :D

shaun