value of disco wheels and offroad tyres

mel b3

hiya fellas , my mate has recently bought a landrover discovery and it came with a spare set of wheels and tyres , theyre off roaders and he will never use them so hes going to sell them , i havent got the foggiest idea what theyre worth so i thought id ask you guys for a ball park figure .

set of 5 , desert track , insa turbo , dakar tyres , theyre 235/70 r16

theyre on landrover alloys that all look to be in good condition and the tyres all look to have at least 10 mm of tread .

thanks in advance fellas :)

hiya fellas , my mate has recently bought a landrover discovery and it came with a spare set of wheels and tyres , theyre off roaders and he will never use them so hes going to sell them , i havent got the foggiest idea what theyre worth so i thought id ask you guys for a ball park figure .

set of 5 , desert track , insa turbo , dakar tyres , theyre 235/70 r16

theyre on landrover alloys that all look to be in good condition and the tyres all look to have at least 10 mm of tread .

thanks in advance fellas :)

£200 - £300 :lol:

Stick em on Ebay or LR uk

thanks for the replies fellas , hell be chuffed to bits when i tell him :good:

I bet he will, Discovery wheels are not worth that much unless they are stone mint with next to new tyres and thats only if they are the freestyle ones and not off a Disco 1. I bought a set of 5 LR compomotive wheels with a set of next to new insa turbo saharas for £120 on the bay about 5 months ago and a full set of tatty freestyle disco wheels with legal tyres for a mere £45.

I bet he will, Discovery wheels are not worth that much unless they are stone mint with next to new tyres and thats only if they are the freestyle ones and not off a Disco 1. I bought a set of 5 LR compomotive wheels with a set of next to new insa turbo saharas for £120 on the bay about 5 months ago and a full set of tatty freestyle disco wheels with legal tyres for a mere £45.

the wheels are the 5 spoke disco wheels , theyre about as mint as you can get and my estimate of 10 mm of tread on the tyres was very conservative , the tyres have still got the little spikey bits on from moulding , i just think its better to under describe something rather than over describe it , anything he gets for them will be a bonus , the car was very cheap and the free set of wheels / tyres and private reg just came with it :good:

• 2 weeks later...

i have Insa Turbo dakars on my trooper 265 75 16 and i have yet to get stuck anywhere, i am in need of 2 tyres so let me know how much you want for the 4 an i might have them off him and i can collect,

dont worry about Mick hes got enough money to new new ones :P :P

also could i have a picy if any available?

cheers Richard

Edited by snowz

i have Insa Turbo dakars on my trooper 265 75 16 and i have yet to get stuck anywhere, i am in need of 2 tyres so let me know how much you want for the 4 an i might have them off him and i can collect,

dont worry about Mick hes got enough money to new new ones :P :P

also could i have a picy if any available?

cheers Richard

Only just seen this...ha richard i think you may be better spending your cash on a new veh first.