Land Rover Experience

PhilR

The Land Rover Experience (Chiltern) driving site is in the next village to me and I spotted a couple of last minute bargains on their website, http://www.landroverdriving.co.uk/ look at last minute offers the prices drop daily! There's eight sites around the country but I don't know if they all do the same.

As things have moved on a bit since I had my Range Rover Classic back in the 90's I thought I'd better brush up my off road skills ready to play in my Disco 2. I managed to get a 1/2 day Awareness Course for £60 instead of £175 a couple of weeks ago driving a Defender which whetted my appetite for a go in a Disco 4. I managed to book yesterday a Full day course for £99 usually £275 for today. There was a last minute change of vehicle so I've been driving around all day in a 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 playing with all the electronic gizmos, it was running on 20" wheels with standard Pirelli Scorpions, not aggressive off road tyres. Very, very impressive.

Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans is there doing his sporting challenge next Wednesday but he won't be going round the bits that we did.

You don't have to have a Land Rover, or even a 4x4 to go there it is open to all but non driving passengers aren't allowed.

Phil

I did one in my own discovery 3 and was truly astonished at the ability of it despite its size and weight. Anyone who thinks that the new breed of LR vehicles aren't capable off road (or are just "chelsea tractors") really doesn't know what they are talking about!

:good:

at least you should usually have one that works then ;)

:lol:

To be 100% honest i have never had any problem apart from the standard wear and tear. I think it depends on what model you go for, i have 2 defenders, one with 210,000 miles so it has been used and a range rover. The defenders are in a world of there own, never any major problem and so easy to service yourself. RR is great for when you need something a little smarter but will still go places on road tyres that others will not go with off road tyres.

I think these Landrover days are great, really shows people what their standard car can do. :good:

One of my defenders, totally standard apart from a raised air intake.

landrover.jpg

Edited by Roonstar

Just got three comp tickets after buying her a freelander 2 and myself a D3 but did milbrook off road course earlier on in the year in a D4 very inpressed, gonna go to skipton as err in doors wants more confidence and to see what her F/L 2 can do, only time to go is next year Jan time but she still cannot wait,

Where did you find the special offers? can't see them on the page for the one nearest me

If you Google Land Rover Experience all the sites are there, not all with 'corporate' website addresses as they're run as franchises. It would seem that some, like Chiltern, advertise their last minute offers and others don't - perhaps a phone call to them is required to find out.