80 Yrd deer challenge.

Daveo26

Its a paper target, its a bit of fun.

I don't intend to harm a deer i just thought it was quite funny and thought us Brits (who invented shooting, I believe) could learn the Americans a trick or two

SO are 00 buck the same as S.G's??

Apparently not..pinned on this site....

http://www.hallowellco.com/shot_size_chart.htm

I think shotshell sizes overlap varying with different brands, the chart posted is only a guideline, chart says SG is 8.3, whereas I have an English box of SG that's 8.6mm (00).

Also, it says my SSGs of 6.8mm are actually SSSGs and my SpSGs of 7.62 are English SSGs :hmm:

but I confess I saw the same video and would really love us to beat the yanks :hmm:

If anyone tries it be sure to put a video up :good:

Edited by Shuck.

Not wanting to shoot a Deer with a shotgun but theoretically how much energy would it require to actually kill one at 80 yds (obviously IF the pellets were miraculously in the right places)?

I think the bloke said he used a 3" and dropped the Deer @ 80.. I can't see the pattern being sustainable at that range so I can only see a few pellets hitting the paper.. :o

Not wanting to shoot a Deer with a shotgun but theoretically how much energy would it require to actually kill one at 80 yds (obviously IF the pellets were miraculously in the right places)?

I think the bloke said he used a 3" and dropped the Deer @ 80.. I can't see the pattern being sustainable at that range so I can only see a few pellets hitting the paper.. :o

I think a single SG in the right place would kill a deer at 80 yrds but its stupid to attempt it because as you say it would be a miraculous stroke of luck.

It makes me laugh that this guy cant replicate his results on paper but claims he killed live animals this way.

Surly the correct way to do it would be to prove its possible with a paper target then boast about doing it for real?

I think a single SG in the right place would kill a deer at 80 yrds but its stupid to attempt it because as you say it would be a miraculous stroke of luck.

It makes me laugh that this guy cant replicate his results on paper but claims he killed live animals this way.

Surly the correct way to do it would be to prove its possible with a paper target then boast about doing it for real?

Concur

If I were you and you have the land I'd have a go at it with those SGs you found, and film it :blush: it's just for a laugh, you probably won't get one on the paper for the first 5 rounds at 80 yds! :P

Ideally you want a magnum with 15 pellets, think they're a couple of hundred fps slower then the 2 3/4 9 ball so not sure on the stopping power at that range, then again.. slower = better patterns :hmm:

Not sure where you could find any in this country though, and if you do let us know!!

That was "the" new zealand giant from the papers a couple of years ago.

Turns out It was rabid and had been fed exclusivly on a body builders bulk up formula, L.S.D tabs and steroids.

It destroyed its 12'by 12' contrete "hutch" and ran off down the M62 knocking cars over after a pretty nasty 'roid rage episode.

I was just minding my own business dressed as Rambo one sunday afternoon cleaning my 10 bore in the garden, when it hopped past.

And that as they say was that....

Im in the book of records for biggest rabbit stew ever and i carpetted the house with it's pelt :yes:

happy days.

SG are one of the most awesomely powerful carts, but at the same time utterly useless carts as well, unless you are talking point blank, I have NEVER found a sensible use for them in the field!

This topic is simply a wind up, and I have fallen for it like the rest of you..let it die, it is stupid!