Any farmers land near hull

Guest jonrms

Thanks Flash.

Are there many members / farmers up this way?

I really want to practice and not just in the gun and rifle club. (cottingham) which you dont get to experiance anything apart from hit a tiny target.

So a pest control guy.. I am your man...

still looking to help those who want rid of pesky crows eating away at there stocks... or pigeons that eat the seeds....

or magpies... the annoying critters.....

well if you have a farm or area to get rid of these things let me know.. free of charge and yes NRSA cert.. and self insured.

thank you..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jonrms,

I am also trying to get land in the east riding, and even more strangely I am a member of cottingham gun club,

the plinking is getting a little boring.

I’m registered with the rabbit hunter’s bbs vermin control and with a local gun shop for farmers looking for someone to clear their rabbits.

But no luck as yet. :<

Rick

wow how strange...

I cant believe we are all chatting about cott... and yet we dont know eachother...

I havnt been in a while.. due to my back.. and if you know me .. or met me you will know right away who I am... over 6' tall. lol

anyway been around a few farms... and well no luck here. met a few nice farmers.... but they all shoot them selfs... and found one to be hunting foxes... but i wont say anything... not my place.

moving swiftly on..... plinking is ok..(targets..) but I will keep my eyes out as well. if i hear anything I will let you know asap.. and will try to ensure that your name is down to hunt vermin as well.... if you want obviously!!!

gotta look out for the club!!!!

oh yeah prickrick...

one last thing..

was it you shooting at those crow and rabit targets a few weeks ago.... with a mate of yours.. trying out your new gun???

if so I know who you are!!!!!!!!! **** :lol:

Lads ,

The "Club" your talking about is, as you say the Northgate gun club.

As far as i am aware it operates and has its meetings etc from a pub down Clarence street off Holderness rd. (think the pub is called the "Clarence")

Dont know if it still runs as it was a couple of years ago now since i was "invited" to join.

Without getting too political i declined the offer.

I think Duncans gunsmiths had an advert in the shop which may have a contact No on.

On another note, the gun club in Cott? when does it meet etc and can anyone call in for a "looky see".

I work near/in cott and might give you the chance to buy me a pint one night.

(How lucky is that for ya !!lol) .

Regards Sutty :lol:

Yes we were shooting the paper targets

I'm the one without the bald head

And Sutty, intro night at the club is thur 8pm

I,m a newish member myself,

Just turn up and ask for Frank, He's the guy who gives you the pep talk, tell you about the club and shows you around

Maybe see you there

Rick

northgate gun club a couple of years ago we where shooting a field next to one of theres to cut it short got talking to one of the members and ended up with application forms filled them in but got turned down because we dident live local even though we are up there most weekends apparently one of the old members dident want forieners joining the club (very ****** of)

Prickrick,

I was the one next to you whilst you were shooting targets on your left.

I was also the one who told you your silencer was naft.. and was the problem for the pelets going astray.......

tall american bloke.. thats me!!!! :lol:

anyway... been off of work for a while because of my back.... and havnt been down in a while... but all paid up.. lol.. grrr ???

anyway... see you around some time there...

Yea now I remember

Sorted the silencer, drilled out the end to 8.5mm

a bit noisier but at least the pellet don’t hit it and it fires straight. :rolleyes:

The club is the only place for me to shoot really, until I get my first bit of land

but no luck so far :<

cool this internet thingy int it

see you there

Rick

I live the other side of Hull in Noeth Lincs and the NPPC has plenty of shooting in my area.

Other than that m afraid that there are no quick solutions

I have alot of permission which has been accumulated by hours of door knocking and years of persistance.

Its not easy but you will suceed if you have the right manner.

oh........ and Welcome to the forum.

Skywalker.

The club in mention wanted me to hand over my permisions to them before i could join, and then charge me £100 or so to shoot on them.

They were more interested in what land i had.

The "old member" you speak about was , i think , at the interview i had ,

what a miserable old grave dodger he was. (a right Victor meldrew)

anyway mate your better off out of it :o

regards Sutty :ernyha::D

Guest jonrms

Paul,

You are so lucky to be able to have all the permission (jealous) :/

anyway its tough around here to get permission as Rick knows... and you do as well.

I get plenty of crows and magpies around my house.... :P and am pleased to tell you they drop easy enough... lol. I just want a BIG field that I can know I am helping out in.

And to sit and enjoy a flask of chicken stock soup... as I freeze away in camo mode. lol