New here and to shooting in general

Gareth

Hey all,

Looks like you've got a nice forum going here. I've been reading since Monday but my account was only approved by an admin on Thursday night.

I'm new to the sport as the title says, don't have any guns or even a shotgun licence for that matter. I was introduced to the sport by a friend a few weekends back and think I want to get into it more. We went clay pigeon shooting in the morning, there were 4 or 5 different traps and 30 shots per round. I got 12/30 first time round and 18/30 the second time round with a gun he let me borrow. After that we wandered around some land he's allowed to shoot on but didn't really see much. He hit a pheasant but it didn't come down. I totally forgot what I learned with the clays when it came for me to shoot at a bolting rabbit. Aimed right at it instead of leading it a bit, so missed that chance. Tonnes of pigeons flew off a field but didn't seem to come back. Came back home with nothing!

I'm looking at getting a gun safe sorted now, and then applying for my licence as soon as the safe is sorted. Shouldn't be an issue as I have no medical conditions or criminal record at all.

Looking forward to asking some (probably stupid) questions about safes, guns, decoying, etc in the near future!

Regards,

Gareth

Hi Gareth. Welcome to PW. Enjoy your stay. :good: Ask as many questions as you like mate, no matter how 'stupid' you may think they are. You'll find most of the answers on here, and we're a good bunch of members (well, most of us!)

One word of advice though, Shooting can be, and is, very ADDICTIVE, I should know. :rolleyes:

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies everyone :)

I've got my gun safe on order now, should be here on Wednesday or Thursday. Once that's in I'll start the ball rolling with the certificate.

Goosegun: No, I think it's all closed up now

Regards,

Gareth

Hi Gareth. Welcome to PW. Enjoy your stay. :good: Ask as many questions as you like mate, no matter how 'stupid' you may think they are. You'll find most of the answers on here, and we're a good bunch of members (well, most of us!)

One word of advice though, Shooting can be, and is, very ADDICTIVE, I should know. :rolleyes:

Steve.

Welcome mate, im pretty new to this forum myself so your in good company..though im certainly not new to the sport. A very good bunch of people on here so we newcomers are made to feel welcome. Also take heed of Steve_b_wales words...this sport is seriously addictive....i'll promise you once you get your own first gun the floodgates will open and before you know it, you, like me, will be telling the missus to forget having that new cabinet display of fine china as your putting another gun cabinet in its place :lol: ...welcome again mate and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...