Recommend me a mincer / sausage maker....

mcroy

If he is only doing small amounts then This Mincer & This Stuffer are OK, but shop around first.

Be wary of getting a motorized mincer with a nozzle as they are hard to regulate the speed and feed of the meat and will fill the casings with air as much as meat.

Thanks for that, they look ideal... Time to google to find the best prices now :rolleyes:

atb Tom

I have that mincer (it seems they make the for just about everyone) and I found even with small amounts and using the most coarse plates it gummed up very quickly.

if you don't find this can you offer an advice?

I had the small hand mincer and it too gummed up, just one of those things. Even the `leccy ones do, but they have a blade, instead of 2x plates, which can be sharpened.

honestly if you can afford it ...buy a mincer and a totally seperate sausage stuffer.....i found the combo units a pain in the hoop and far easier less faff with a dedicated unit

check out northern tool n gear website too they did have a deal on semi industrial electric mincers

if your prepared to wait lidl have them in for 30 quid every so often

i have an EI YOUNGS mincer but its pricey but good and i also have the economy upright sausage stuffer from bushwear for 80 quid and its fine my best buy was my cast hand press burger press from bushwear its a "LEM " brand and amazing and bombproof ...cant find it anywhere else but its worth it!!!you definatelty need the burger discs tho...again from weschenfelder.co.uk for them

i buy all my hog sausage skins from weschenfeldder.co.uk cant fault them on price and service

Weschenfelder do a good range. If its only occasional use then buy the mincer with the sausage nozzles. Its around £85 if I recall correctly.

The mincer will always be used even if you upgrade to a large stuffer as I did.

Its a high grade item, parts always obtainable should you even need, and as a bonus Weschenfelder are great for sausage making or equipment advice on the phone.

Buy a cheap lidl job and its no parts and no help on the phone if you ever need