carefull out there

dave1419

:angry: Just had a phonecall today from my bank asking if i had just made 4 transactions in the past 2 days,2 were ok,the other 2 were not.one for nearly £800 from a plumbers merchants and the other for nearly £200 to a clothing store[online].[Never heard of either of them]The larger amount was declined and the other was passed.I shall be getting my money back and my card has been stopped.SO BE VERY CAREFUL with your Plastic out there. :angry:

I had exactly the same happen to me. Within 3 hours of getting cash out of a 'hole in the wall' machine in Cardiff, my 'card' was used in Aberdeen to purchase £100 worth of Tesco mobile top up's and £67 for a chinese meal.Apparantly, my card was cloned.

After waiting two months, I finally got a refund off the bank.

:angry: Just had a phonecall today from my bank asking if i had just made 4 transactions in the past 2 days,2 were ok,the other 2 were not.one for nearly £800 from a plumbers merchants and the other for nearly £200 to a clothing store[online].[Never heard of either of them]The larger amount was declined and the other was passed.I shall be getting my money back and my card has been stopped.SO BE VERY CAREFUL with your Plastic out there. :angry:

My card details were used to buy plane tickets to dubai?!( Al-queda anyone?) Got a strange answerphone message from an asian dude telling me he was from some anti fraud department at my bank. I didnt believe him and rang the bank directly. They confirmed the call was genuine and that my card details had been cloned. all refunded now.

my girlfriend had £958.00 removed from her account around a month ago , she was on the phone to the bank within minutes and they confirmed it as some kind of phishing scam thing , her money was refunded by the bank within the week.

Seems like we have to be careful as to who our details are going to ,could be possible that some of these companies are passing on our card details .

Even in shops they can be kept and passed on .My wife works in a garage and one of the slumdogs that used to work there was keeping records of the reciepts that had there card details on He also used to leave the country pretty often ,said it was college work that he was doing and he had to go back and visit family.Any back to my point ,maybe we should keep an eye on cashier when making any card purchase .

Regards Darren.

Ps Dave .........surprised you even noticed the money was missing mate and that you didnt just buy yet another gun ,or did the bank manager come to your house personally to inform you haha .

Regards Darren

Edited by mtbarrel

same here two years ago £798 for an airline ticket to india the bank allowed that one but they tried to buy another the following day the bank blocked this one and contacted me, have a good idea who it was,a certain petrol station.the problem is now that any transactions that the banks computer thinks is unusual is blocked,a bit embarising when you haven,t got enough cash to pay for your purchase.the last time it was blocked i had to go to the bank with two forms of i d and have the teller phone the banks security office in india to confirm i was who i i said i was thanks barclays :angry:

My Lloyds TSB account had £1400 removed by a nice Mr Rashid . It was an online saver account . The details of which are not recorded anywhere but in my brain and with Lloyds . You can be as careful as you like but if your banks' overseas call centre flog your passwords for £ 1 each you are going to get robbed .

I have a CC, I have never even used it, have it for emergencies really.

Anyhow, someone treated themselves to a new i-phone and a nice new kitchen :blink: first I new about it was when a snotty letter from the bank landed on my mat demanding full payment immediately :blink:

Phoned the bank, they did a few checks and could see from where the transactions took place that it wasnt me, refunded the money there and then and sent me a new card :good:

I still dont know how or when it was cloned as I have never used the card :hmm:

Would be nice if they could tell you whether they caught the scammers too :hmm:

I never let my card out of my sight. I never hand it to a cashier. The dodgy first swipe that they claim didn't register then the cleaning of the magnetic strip on thier shirt allways makes me nervous. Or sometimes they will "accidently" drop your card, nope never ever give it to them. I insist on putting it through the reader myself, same as in a restaurant when paying by card. I never leave it on the plate with the bill for the waitress to take away. When she comes back to the table for payment I go with her, They don't like it and my missus dies with emmbarasment but I earned that money and I don't care how respectable the establisment claims to be. I will swipe the card, check the ammount enter my pin if its a chip reader then remove my card, at no point do they touch my card at all.

MEGA IMPRESSED

I read this article literally 5 mins before ordering a shore excursion for a holiday we are going on soon - Whislt I was trying to order the trips ( in the carribean costing over £200) the process was held up - both my home and mobile starting ringing and it was an automated fraud detection measure from my bank - once I'd confirmed certain details I was allowed to continue and the purchase was made - I'm no great lover of banks but on this occasion I'm well impressed. :good:

:shoot:

Seems like we have to be careful as to who our details are going to ,could be possible that some of these companies are passing on our card details .

Even in shops they can be kept and passed on .My wife works in a garage and one of the slumdogs that used to work there was keeping records of the reciepts that had there card details on He also used to leave the country pretty often ,said it was college work that he was doing and he had to go back and visit family.Any back to my point ,maybe we should keep an eye on cashier when making any card purchase .

Regards Darren.

Ps Dave .........surprised you even noticed the money was missing mate and that you didnt just buy yet another gun ,or did the bank manager come to your house personally to inform you haha .

Regards Darren

:shoot: Darren,i did not know these transactions had taken place!,the bank rang up to say not to worry as they will refund us and put the money back into our millionaire account :yahoo: if you believe that,new cards came today so i'm off spending! :drinks: ---Dave