Woodcock

Lloyd90

The newbie could do with a book on quarry identification from Santa. Identify 100% before you pull the trigger.

I get slated when I post on this forum about these things but Im not going to back down on this.

Ive been accused of being an anti by some members who dont know me but these sort of posts could potentially do more harm to our image than any action I might take.

First...we all make mistakes in Quarry Identification...but shoot first undermines the most basic and important aspects of firearm safety.Dont ******* shoot a bird and then post a picture up of it asking us to identify what it is.

Second and Im sorry Dr D but indescriminately "putting 3 barrels into" a flock of Plover which will OFTEN and do OFTEN flock with other wading species including Lapwing without first individualising and identifying your target is just just not acceptable and totally irresponsible.

Do you know what.... my local FA liason Officer used to visit this forum before he retired. If he read a post like that from me I wouldnt have a ******* hope in hell of getting my Licence renewed.... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Rant over.

Rare them round where i shoot i have never even seen one :hmm:

Plenty around me but if you get close enough to hit one then they are usually full of lead.

Victorians used to favour them as table birds but then again they used to shoot and eat anything... very little meat on them and for the cost of the cartridges trying to shoot one you could probabaly get a couple of Chicken legs from Tescos. :lol:

I get slated when I post on this forum about these things but Im not going to back down on this.

Ive been accused of being an anti by some members who dont know me but these sort of posts could potentially do more harm to our image than any action I might take.

First...we all make mistakes in Quarry Identification...but shoot first undermines the most basic and important aspects of firearm safety.Dont ******* shoot a bird and then post a picture up of it asking us to identify what it is.

Second and Im sorry Dr D but indiscriminately "putting 3 barrels into" a flock of Plover which will OFTEN and do OFTEN flock with other wading species including Lapwing without first individualising and identifying your target is just just not acceptable and totally irresponsible.

Do you know what.... my local FA liaison Officer used to visit this forum before he retired. If he read a post like that from me I wouldn't have a ******* hope in hell of getting my Licence renewed.... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Rant over.

Mike I've read many of your posts and I've disagreed with some of them But this time you are spot on both points ! no one that owns a guns should shoot anything that he/she doesn't know what it is and if it's within the law to shoot it, and I also don't think anyone should fire of 3 shots indiscriminately at a flock of birds and hope for the best and to post it on the net is even worse (in my opoinion) I also disagree with punt gun shooting in modern times, it was OK years back when people used punts to shoot numbers of birds for food when there was a food shortage but I don't thin it's a sporting thing to do in today's world.

f3

I've always said the shooters do more damage than the anti's ever will. To easy to get a gun and go out and do what you want nowadays.

and with an avatar like yours we don't need the antis looking hard for their ammunition. yes its legal, posting it all over the web is not sensible

and with an avatar like yours we don't need the antis looking hard for their ammunition. yes its legal, posting it all over the web is not sensible

It's fox control. Perfectly legal. You should try it sometime you'd love it. Maybe you wouldn't like getting your hands dirty :oops:

been there and done it but wouldn't post pictures on forums, and facebook etc as its a job and not necessarily something to take photos of and display like they make you more of a man as frankly they don't. Its just photos for antis to use to highlight what goes on in a face of the countryside that a lot of the public don't like.

To get it out from below his ma's shed. He didn't want it killed so what's the problem? al4x whats your problem with me? If you want the famers number to ask him why pm me. You do your thing and I'll do mine. That'll be my last post on the subject.

Avatar now removed. I'll put a nice pair of tits up when I get home.