first fox with 22.250 cannon

swiss.tony

Where do i start

My mate just bought his first CF a 22.250 of a lad on PW on friday night . A nd like giddy kids we are staright back from barnsely

to zero it up in dark wat is not an easy job. Any way after 9 shots we had it 1 inch high at 100 yard my god they good bullet on bullet

at 100 then off out so try it as we could not wait till 11pm are normal time of going lamping. After 4 feilds and 2 coffees we

saw are first victim at about 250 yards seeing as it was new rifle and first shot 250 for us was just too far so after some callin

we got are shot at 145 yards and the 50 grain round did its job the picture is the foxes good side .

SO not a bad night out first fox within 4 hrs of buyin new gun and zeroed in dark :yes:

post-23051-0-82457900-1292257936.jpg

lets hope so mate he s cuffed with it just needs a mod nearly blue my fillins out of my head with no ear plugs in :lol:

Good shooting mate, I'm sure that fox is only the first of mant.

I know what you mean about needing a mod, mine used to sound like a bl00dy cannon going off too. I used to zero it up about a mile and a half away (As the crow flies when it's not getting shot at) from where I lived but the wife could always tell how many shots I had fired as she could hear it at home!

Good shooting mate, I'm sure that fox is only the first of mant.

I know what you mean about needing a mod, mine used to sound like a bl00dy cannon going off too. I used to zero it up about a mile and a half away (As the crow flies when it's not getting shot at) from where I lived but the wife could always tell how many shots I had fired as she could hear it at home!

:lol::lol: or mate your so right im still deaf and it still hurts not nice makes 22 lr look like a cap gun we have to evan more carefull now

nice to bllod the new rifle. agree with lads above 22/250 is a cracking foxing caliber very flat and forgiving at night when range can be longer then you think. 1 inch high at 100 yards is a good choice. even out 250+ yards just aim up his body a little and he will drop just like the rest :lol::good::D