men from kent

pigeon sam

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I kinda fit into this thread as the only shooting I do is back home in Kent, Romney Marsh - haven't got any shooting where I live now so still get back when I can to go out and get cold and frustrated :)

Hope the shooting has been good for you all so far this year?

I've got a few friendly farmers around a place called dymchurch... It's all flat arable land and far too much rape normally but have had a few good days over the years. Shame all the roost woods are up on the north downs so it's kinda pot luck as to whether the birds fly my way or go the other side of the hill towards ashford.

How about you, Where are you based?

I'm still finding my way around the site tbh but had a quick look at the clay section earlier. I've only shot at a handful of clays before but feel I should probably give it a go properly sometime! Are there any good grounds vaguely local to you Jon?

Hello

i am in the maidstone area, been shooting for a while and got all the kit, only just started in Kent as building the house etc took all my time.

Most of my Pigeon shooting was Warrington and cheshire when i was in Liverpool.

Happy to show you the ropes if needed. Send me a PM

Simon

im from up near dover. Deal if you know it. Ive got a couple of fzrms i shoot, with some streams, and wooded areas, so good variety. I do shoot clays sometimes, but pigeons are free, better sport, and you can eat them!

hi pete im also from deal i like the sound of your shooting ground mine are mainly fields but good killing ones iv got legers solly and lyons what are yours? o i forgot pearson/wood all the best for the new year :good:

I am also from Romney Marsh, the best initial meet up is a social morning on clays, that way you get to know each other better.

The most convenient to the Marsh, are Willow Farm between Appledore and Tenterden, or Martin Gorse Wood just outside of Dover.

yep, they are the ones I was going to suggest Cranfield

i got solley too, and ledgers. We should def try and organise our efforts. Maybe you have the other solley if you dont have the streams.

Claya wise, martin gorse is very good shoot, half way between dover and deal on the country lanes. Apparently there is also one at whitfield, behind the ramada hotel somewhere. And then greenfields at sturry/canterbury.