men from kent

pigeon sam

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 30th, 9am at Martin Gorse Wood, if anyone doesn't particularly want to shoot come along for a chat, a cuppa, bacon sandwich and a walk round the woods (scorers always welcome). ;)

Martin Gorse Wood is felt only, but they do sell reasonably priced cartridges.

i should be good for that date.

meet at the Garage/McD's roundabout?

I'm in Broadstairs East Kent and would love a meet up...i have a few permissions but as some of the posters are saying it would be good to have some company/extra guns at times.

I'm up for the 30th at Martin Gorse wood,i tried the other one at Whitfield once and at 9.05 they told me i was too late to shoot entries close at 9.00 sharp!...hav'nt been back since...

I'm in Broadstairs East Kent and would love a meet up...i have a few permissions but as some of the posters are saying it would be good to have some company/extra guns at times.

I'm up for the 30th at Martin Gorse wood,i tried the other one at Whitfield once and at 9.05 they told me i was too late to shoot entries close at 9.00 sharp!...hav'nt been back since...

The other problem with whitfield clay club is that you are squadded up into 2 groups usually and once the deadline comes the 2 groups move out to the water tower on the edge of Whitfield and you commence your card meaning if you are running slightly late you miss out plus they have a 50 person limit which fills pretty quickly, nice bunch of guys but for obvious reasons the strictness can cause a problem, Martin gorsewood is more relaxed, you operate the buttons yourself and score yourself within your squads, the layout changes every fortnight and the organisers always do the rounds and have a chat with you, very very friendly bunch. 100% worth the visit and no other clay shoot in the area gets a look in but that is my opinion.

All the more reason to go along and hone your skills, always good to cut your teeth on sporting clays which is what Gorsewood runs, they simulate teal, pheasants, rabbits, batute and sever others too which will help you alot especially when the guys standing behind you can actually spot the shot cloud for you letting you know if you are behind or infront, there is always someone worse than you at Gorsewood and it`s always fun and very informal plus cheap at £20 a hundred clays.

indeed, fergie, they can do you a loan gun for 3.50, shells are 4.50 a box, and a round isnt much. You dont have to do the full 100 birds either, you can just do 50 if you like. They have good instructors and a practise stand too. We'd round in our little group of just pigeon watch guys too, not that anyone else would laugh if your a bginner. Everyone there is just full of advice and encouragement. I used to work there, now i only get down to shoot a few times a year. But on boxing day, i did win a prize by hittin a starburst clay! Lol.

Good on you dorsey, you know it makes sense :-D

Cz550, do you shoot there often?

indeed, fergie, they can do you a loan gun for 3.50, shells are 4.50 a box, and a round isnt much. You dont have to do the full 100 birds either, you can just do 50 if you like. They have good instructors and a practise stand too. We'd round in our little group of just pigeon watch guys too, not that anyone else would laugh if your a bginner. Everyone there is just full of advice and encouragement. I used to work there, now i only get down to shoot a few times a year. But on boxing day, i did win a prize by hittin a starburst clay! Lol.

Good on you dorsey, you know it makes sense :-D

Cz550, do you shoot there often?

Yes i try to get down once a month if i can, my permission surrounds the clay grounds more or less and my target rifle club isn`t far away at Goodnestone so i tend to make a long day of it shooting clays, take a walk around my permissions on the way to goodnestone then punch some paper and have a chinwag.