new shower

billytheghillie

Shower board has the advantage of being much quicker to fit than tiles, no grout to go mouldy and less chance of leaks in my opinion. The corner must be spot on dead 90 degree square to ensure a good seal. It is expensive but by the time you tile and grout, if hiring labour, the cost should about equal out. With light paterened boards available it would today certainly be my first choice.

Blackpowder

Shower board easier to keep clean (no grout etc) quicker to install, less likely to leak :good: but yes it's not cheap

Go for aqua panels as they stay clean and now come in a wide range of patterns,personally i prefer tiles and am more happier tiling round a shower tray than fixing those boards and you will NOT have a problem if its tiled correctly and siliconed properly,havent seen many other plumbers that can do a decent job so maybe why they are steering you towards tile board,but remember both must be installed correctly :hmm:

Go for aqua panels as they stay clean and now come in a wide range of patterns,personally i prefer tiles and am more happier tiling round a shower tray than fixing those boards and you will NOT have a problem if its tiled correctly and siliconed properly,havent seen many other plumbers that can do a decent job so maybe why they are steering you towards tile board,but remember both must be installed correctly :hmm:

Wise words. I have both, aqua panel in en suite and tiles in main bathroom, both very nice. However, got a shower I haven't used in 9 months in the main bathroom because I thought I could "do it myself" and still haven't got round to getting a professional in to sort it. Lesson learnt there thats for sure.

I love tiling and I'm dead good at it :blush:

I prefer tiling, but thats probably because lots of the terraced houses round ere are anything but square and a good tiling job will soon sort that problem, and if done using the correct gear won't leak, or go mouldy/dull etc.

Bit of a Swings and Roundabouts situation really :good: