Holidays

ollie

Hi guys. Myself and the missus are trying to plan our summer holidays. We are 27 & 24 respectively so we want somewhere suitable for couples and not too mad. We have narrowed it down to 2 places. First one is Ayia Napa; I know you are thinking why did you pick this, the reason is that Cyprus is one of the very few places either of us have never been, also we got advised there is a quiet part to Ayia Napa as well as having the mad area if we choose to go out. The second option was the Algarve; I have been to the Algarve before but not to Albufera so this is a possible option.

Can you guys give me some advice, we are looking to go for a fortnight self-catering.

Really enjoyed Albufeira, not as busy as people say IMO nothing like spain, plenty to do (Even a clay ground near by ish). If your into diving/snorkelling Sharm is hard to beat, but may be a a bit risky right now Ibiza is gorgeous just dont stay in San antonio bay. Personally i would back to the algarve but its not cheap like other resorts.

Been to albufeira a few times, fav time was always Feb as it was more quiet but still warm.

Went once in August and even the sand was to hot to walk on bare foot, but a great place with plenty to do.

Cyprus never been before but we are off at the end of May, i have heard from a lot of people that Cyprus is a very nice friendly place so i will provide you with an update when i get back....fingers crossed it will be a nice break as first time abroad for approx 6 years

Been to albufeira a few times, fav time was always Feb as it was more quiet but still warm.

Went once in August and even the sand was to hot to walk on bare foot, but a great place with plenty to do.

Cyprus never been before but we are off at the end of May, i have heard from a lot of people that Cyprus is a very nice friendly place so i will provide you with an update when i get back....fingers crossed it will be a nice break as first time abroad for approx 6 years

Thanks mate, unfortunately I want to have something booked in the next couple of weeks. Would there be plenty for a couple our age to do in Albufeira? Are there a lot of restaurants and bars?

I went there when i was alot younger and before i had and after we had kids and have to say fully enjoyed it...plenty of bars etc scattered around it is one of those places where you could relax and enjoy the holiday.

I like chilled out places albufeira , lanzarote have always been high on my holiday list, Cyprus will be something different this year but im hoping it will be a relaxing break so i can unwind etc

bit older than you but we found plenty to do in Albufeira awesome restaurant on the beach (not cheap) one up the hill (quite a few hills, they have outdoor escalators!!!) stunning barbecue food fresh fish chicken salad (white with blue edging) I'll look up the name. Also a new marina development with "posh" bars and restaurants but great boat trips to secluded bays where the crew barbecue for you on the beach. Also jet ski hire etc. The main strip has plenty of bars and clubs there are water parks, golf courses all nearby recommend get a map before you go and study it, some of the cheaper apartments are a fair way out or "town"

I went there when i was alot younger and before i had and after we had kids and have to say fully enjoyed it...plenty of bars etc scattered around it is one of those places where you could relax and enjoy the holiday.

I like chilled out places albufeira , lanzarote have always been high on my holiday list, Cyprus will be something different this year but im hoping it will be a relaxing break so i can unwind etc

The last holiday I was on was a few years ago with my ex in Lanzarote and I loved it because it was so chilled out and we just went to a different restaurant every night. If you are saying Albufeira is like that then I will be sold :lol:

bit older than you but we found plenty to do in Albufeira awesome restaurant on the beach (not cheap) one up the hill (quite a few hills, they have outdoor escalators!!!) stunning barbecue food fresh fish chicken salad (white with blue edging) I'll look up the name. Also a new marina development with "posh" bars and restaurants but great boat trips to secluded bays where the crew barbecue for you on the beach. Also jet ski hire etc. The main strip has plenty of bars and clubs there are water parks, golf courses all nearby recommend get a map before you go and study it, some of the cheaper apartments are a fair way out or "town"

Thanks for the advice mate, I am a keen golfer so I'll try and sway a game of golf while I'm away and we are also interested in doing watersports & possibly boat trips. Apart from the really expensive bars etc is Albufeira expensive.

Depends what you are used to it's not cheap like Spain was but with € £ rates the way they are no where is really I live in Cardiff and Didnt find New York too expensive or Dublin last time i was there (temple bar). Albufeira is chilled plenty of choice restaurant wise and plenty of Golf! Didnt play it but fancied this one http://www.algarvegolf.net/courses/pinecliffs.htm just outside Albufeira we stayed here http://www.hotelboavista.pt/ at the top of the hill in the old town.

http://www.iknow-portugal.co.uk/tourist_information/algarve/albufeira/albufeira_marina_beaches.htm

Polis in Cyprus is the undeveloped part of the island and the most beautiful area. It is 30 miles from Paphos but a different world altogether. If you go before the middle of May the area is full of wild flowers including dozens of orchids. There is plenty to do - walking in the unspoilt hills, off roading in the miles of forest and mountain tracks or fishing in the dam or sea. Polis is very laid back and suitable for couples. You never see any rowdy kids or drunks there. It is regarded as the best place in Cyprus for eating out too. :good:

Depends what you are used to it's not cheap like Spain was but with € £ rates the way they are no where is really I live in Cardiff and Didnt find New York too expensive or Dublin last time i was there (temple bar). Albufeira is chilled plenty of choice restaurant wise and plenty of Golf! Didnt play it but fancied this one http://www.algarvegolf.net/courses/pinecliffs.htm just outside Albufeira we stayed here http://www.hotelboavista.pt/ at the top of the hill in the old town.

http://www.iknow-portugal.co.uk/tourist_information/algarve/albufeira/albufeira_marina_beaches.htm

Thanks for the advice mate. I'm gonna get 1 day to do something I want so I need to decide between golf or fishing :lol: . I think we are decided upon Albufeira now for the first week in September, spoil the missus and then when I get home the shooting season will be kicking off :lol:

hi mate have a go in cyprus, pathos area quiet as you want it be, 2 good bar streets one noisy other one quieter, hire a car and have a run into the mountains, you can also go fishing from the harbour or go diving. it is as dear as the algarve but the friendlyness of the people is brill.