liverpool trip

berettaman

When I visited Liverpool I spent hours in the Anglican Cathedral. It is stupendous and as a modern cathedral started in the 20th century and finished not that long ago it proves we can still built inspiring buildings as they did years ago. But then I like that kind of stuff and it is not to everyones taste. There's loads to do I'm sure with museums, beatles stuff, ferry cross the mersey etc........

When are you over? If you are into museums, there is a good one. Everybody must do the Albert Dock thing. The Beatles stuff is over-rated rubbish (just my opinion). Take a trip over the other side on the ferry and go see the smugglers cove at the priory. If you have a woman with you, then Liverpool one is full of lady shops. No good gun shops i can think of. Apart from that, its a **** hole. :good:

When are you over? If you are into museums, there is a good one. Everybody must do the Albert Dock thing. The Beatles stuff is over-rated rubbish (just my opinion). Take a trip over the other side on the ferry and go see the smugglers cove at the priory. If you have a woman with you, then Liverpool one is full of lady shops. No good gun shops i can think of. Apart from that, its a **** hole. :good:

Going in the morning mate,was hoping to get some more favourable comments ,not looking too good at the mo,Bm :o

not sure what its like now but a few years ago I went to the "maritime museum" I use that term losely!! however the ability to go into a recovered u boat (U534) its BIG was fantastic, it was just as it had been recovered from the sea bed and was an experience I will always remember, and the other boats, royal navy and civilian were well worth a tour, oh and there was a greasy spoon nearby called the "sizzling sausage" did an amazing breakfast called a jasper ( I asked if you got carrots with it) but the young girl quite innocently said dont be silly you dont get carrots for breakfast? :lol: all in all well worth a trip over the river on a ferry while your there.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Going in the morning mate,was hoping to get some more favourable comments ,not looking too good at the mo,Bm :o

If i wasnt working id have met you for a pint. Just try and get down the the Albert dock, that should fill the day. There is another hidden gem which i forget to mention. Go towards Lime St station, and visit St Georges Hall. You can go inside and have a look at the jail cells from about 400 years ago. Really interesting place. :good:

If i wasnt working id have met you for a pint. Just try and get down the the Albert dock, that should fill the day. There is another hidden gem which i forget to mention. Go towards Lime St station, and visit St Georges Hall. You can go inside and have a look at the jail cells from about 400 years ago. Really interesting place. :good:

This sounds a bit more like it,thankyou its all good input and may be more interesting as im being led to believe

all good humour aside there isnt a lot being put forward,but i will just have to do my best cheers MM and thanks ,Bm :good:

Ok, How about this, its just a couple of miles outside Liverpool.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/groups/deeestuary/blog/archive/2011/02/09/drama-at-the-dee.aspx

Drama at the Dee

A dramatic natural event can be witnessed this month as Spring tides are due to inundate RSPB Dee Estuary Nature Reserve, at Parkgate.

Spring tides only happen on a handful of occasions each year. If the weather conditions are right, they are so high that they actually flood the whole saltmarsh.

This natural occurrence becomes a real wildlife spectacle as the more secretive birds and creatures that normally live there, like water rails, snipe, harvest mice, and water voles, flee the rising tide and are brought closer inland.

This in turn can attract the most amazing birds of prey, like ghostly grey hen harriers, gliding short-eared owls, and high speed merlins as well as the majestic grey herons and little egrets who take advantage of the situation.

Paul Brady, RSPB Visitor Development Officer, said: “Watching the tide surge towards you with the Welsh hills as a stunning backdrop is thrilling. Add to that the sights and sounds of huge flocks of birds, along with the excitement of expert predators doing what they do best, makes it an experience to remember.”

He added: “The wildlife can come so close on these tides that one year someone actually had a bird that’s normally very hard to see, a water rail, hiding in his rucksack!”

In the winter, the marshland of the Dee Estuary is an internationally important habitat for a vast numbers of ducks and wading birds.

These free RSPB High Tide Bird Watch events are running on Saturday 19 February at 10 am, Sunday 20 February at 11 am and Monday 21 February at 11.30 am.

Everyone is welcome to come along to the Old Baths Car Park, Parkgate, where expert staff and volunteers will be on hand to showcase the action.

Further details of these events can be obtained from www.rspb.org.uk/parkgate or by phoning 0151 336 7681.

Ringtail Hen Harrier by Andy Hay (RSPB Images)

Edited by Guinea Fowl

http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/groups/deeestuary/blog/archive/2011/02/09/drama-at-the-dee.aspx

Drama at the Dee

A dramatic natural event can be witnessed this month as Spring tides are due to inundate RSPB Dee Estuary Nature Reserve, at Parkgate.

Spring tides only happen on a handful of occasions each year. If the weather conditions are right, they are so high that they actually flood the whole saltmarsh.

This natural occurrence becomes a real wildlife spectacle as the more secretive birds and creatures that normally live there, like water rails, snipe, harvest mice, and water voles, flee the rising tide and are brought closer inland.

This in turn can attract the most amazing birds of prey, like ghostly grey hen harriers, gliding short-eared owls, and high speed merlins as well as the majestic grey herons and little egrets who take advantage of the situation.

Paul Brady, RSPB Visitor Development Officer, said: “Watching the tide surge towards you with the Welsh hills as a stunning backdrop is thrilling. Add to that the sights and sounds of huge flocks of birds, along with the excitement of expert predators doing what they do best, makes it an experience to remember.”

He added: “The wildlife can come so close on these tides that one year someone actually had a bird that’s normally very hard to see, a water rail, hiding in his rucksack!”

In the winter, the marshland of the Dee Estuary is an internationally important habitat for a vast numbers of ducks and wading birds.

These free RSPB High Tide Bird Watch events are running on Saturday 19 February at 10 am, Sunday 20 February at 11 am and Monday 21 February at 11.30 am.

Everyone is welcome to come along to the Old Baths Car Park, Parkgate, where expert staff and volunteers will be on hand to showcase the action.

Further details of these events can be obtained from www.rspb.org.uk/parkgate or by phoning 0151 336 7681.

i will give that one some thought but time may not be on my side :/

Drama at the Dee

Sounds nice that. Sadly, its full of old cockheads moaning about the price of the ice cream. :lol: