My last trip to the marsh yesterday

harrycatcat1

I was up at 03.20 and on my way I got there at approx 05.30 and it was cold even though it said 3.5C on the car. The tide was 6.9m at 05.11.

I got to the top of the sea wall and it was black real black as it was overcast and no moon so I gave it 5 minutes for my eyes to adjust but I got settled in well before dawn .

Anyway nothing came over to shoot so once it got light I had a mooch around the marsh but soon after the fog started rolling in so I checked my compass just to be on the safe side and made my way off the marsh and the only thing I shot were photos so I hope you are not bored with them but this is what I was doing this morning. Its my last trip this season.

post-16219-0-27803800-1298061112.jpg

post-16219-0-69146800-1298061140.jpg

post-16219-0-62415000-1298061169.jpg

post-16219-0-27959900-1298061221.jpg

well done harrycatcat1 on your first season , been out on that marsh a couple of times myself this season :yes::/ ...

see you soon.... you should have some information come through today or monday abouts the dates we were talking about ...... :good:

Yes mate they have come through today, thanks again for all your help and advice and introducing me to the sport I really appreciate it, I hope to see you soon :good:

Nice pics,you can feel the atmosphere.

I wouldn't have liked to build the bailey bridge in the pics,would be a nightmare in all that mud.

Pity nothing came over for your last visit,but that's what makes it addictive,not knowing what will happen.

You are right I have all on walking in the mud never mind working in it and building a bridge :hmm:

I have adopted a half walk half run and dont stop in on place if you are trying to get through the mud :lol:

lads probably being a bit thick here but can you define for me what high water mark and sea wall means when talking about wildfowling

thanks

HWM

the level reached by sea water at high tide or by other stretches of water in flood

SEA WALL

a protective structure of stone or concrete; extends from shore into the water to prevent a beach from washing away , in this case the sea wall were talking about would be the marsh bank ... you can see in the photo,s ..

:good: