gun for a 9 year old

ian w-b

I too am looking at buying my 10 almost 11 yr daughter a air rifle but one that could also be used for rabbits and while at newark the other weeek she shot the brocock contour which for a child was very easy to use and very light...bit more expensive though for just plinking so depends what uses and what price range.

http://www.gunmart.net/gun_review/brocock_aim_x_contour/

Mick

SMK XS78 runs on two Co2 bulbs, no charging gear, no recoil, good plinker comes with open sights and a scope rail, ideal starter gun for a youngster.

Apart from the running costs of CO2 bulbs, thats an adult size rifle and possibly a bit heavy ?

Edited to say :

I thought it looked a fairly substantial lump and assumed it would be quite heavy.

Gammo do a couple of 3/4 sized offerings in .177 or .22 for around the £100 mark and Stoeger do the X5 which in my local RFD is £105 and looks like it might not be big for juniors.

Edited by TaxiDriver

Taxi, we had a nine year old shooting a new Xs 78 at the club on Saturday with no problems, weight is 2.4 kg a Syntarg is 2kg so not that much in it.

It`s always a problem finding a rifle for young shooters,

We find this when shooting with the Cub Scouts we use Hw 35`s and gunfit is always a problem. A few of the kids struggle to cock them due to the difference`s in their age and stature, they nearly all have to use a sandbag for a rifle rest.

Perhaps best to try a few guns before you decide, just be aware of the airgun and young shooters law, whatever it may be this week :D

Dont listen to any of them they are all wrong. :no:

My daughter (now 10) shoots a AAs200 the perfect gun for life. Quite possibly the best rifle ever made and the only one to realisticly spend your hard earned cash on. :good:

Now I do happen to know a bloke who is selling one...................... :blush:

:innocent::yahoo::bye2:

Dont listen to any of them they are all wrong. :no:

My daughter (now 10) shoots a AAs200 the perfect gun for life. Quite possibly the best rifle ever made and the only one to realisticly spend your hard earned cash on. :good:

Now I do happen to know a bloke who is selling one...................... :blush:

:innocent::yahoo: :bye2

:lol: :lol: funny enough ur not selling it by any chance ? :yp: :lol::lol: