Not a big bag,but i really nice day.

mpk

Well it all started this morning first thing, I got up early and spent some quality time with my daughter. I have been working alot the last few weeks so was a real nice treat having a giggle with her. I then decided to take jet my 9 month old lab for a bit of training in the garden. We did his first blind retrieves this morning and he was perfect. Followed my instruction realy well which was nice.

I then needed to make a trip to the gun shop as i had some gamebore clear pigeon that would not cycle in my auto. I managed to get a straight swap for some black gold.Which turned otu to be brilliant carts.

I decided as i had not been out for about 3 months to pop up one of my permisions and do a little afternoon roost shooting.Got to the edge of the chosen woodland and i see a shooter wlaking towards me,at first i did not recognise so i unloaded my gun to be polite (i had not fired a shot yet)and waited to say hi. Turns out it was chrispti and we had been planning to catch up for a while. After a quick chat we both picked a spot and waited. A group of crows flew towards chrispti and with one shot it hit the floor. I looked back and a pigeon was gliding in towrds me. Clipped it with the first then killed it with the second. Quite happy with this as i had not picked a gun up for a while. We then after a while decided to move to the opposite end of the field. I perched with my back towards the woodland and chrispti near a gravel pit. Nearly had a heart attack as a pheasant broke cover to my right and then a black lab and his owner second. Chrispti had a pigeon and i had a magpie. Started to get dark and not much more around so off we trotted.

Didnt realise the error of my ways untill i had walked the full length of the field then up a hill should have walked back with chrispti.Got home and did a retreive with the pigeon and the dog which he was really good with. Im now sat with a glass of port and the dog at my feet looking forward to the trips out when he is old enough to come along. Sorry its a long babble but thought i would just share a good day i have had. Sometimes its nice to just shoot a few a watch the world go by.

post-20561-0-86601500-1299962508.jpg

Edited by mpk

ive been out 3 times with my grandson 14 this week, even if we did not get anything. and the bonus is i packed in smoking 2 weks ago and now i can walk all round my permission without getting out of breath,gradson has not had a chance of a rabbit yet,time will tell

ive been out 3 times with my grandson 14 this week, even if we did not get anything. and the bonus is i packed in smoking 2 weks ago and now i can walk all round my permission without getting out of breath,gradson has not had a chance of a rabbit yet,time will tell

It's always nice to get the kids involved. I think my 7 year old is not ready for game yet but the clays first . Frencie, left and right , marky b and all others thanks for your comments.

well done buddy always good to send quality time with the kids good result with the shells :good: :good: :good: :good:

Its nice and quite rare at the moment ,I'm always at work at the minute. Carts were brilliant there a little expensive but very good.