Brown pants moment

pegleg31

I've been helping my best mate build his house and this afternoon a friend of ours came round to dry test the plumbing i put in last week.Anyway i went up into the attic to turn all the isolators on and missed a joist and came down through the cieling :oops: .After what seemed like ages lying there scared to move fearing the worst and telling my mates to leave me alone i started to open my eyes :lol: .lucky for me i think i've just bruised my ribs but god do they hurt and my tricep where i must of hit the joist coming through.

So if anyone is going to thoresby tomorrow and sees a bloke with a limp clutching his ribs come over and say hi :good:

Pain killers only mask the pain you need a trip to A+E get looked, at better safe than sorry.My wifes best friends dad slipped and bumped the back of his head

tiny little cut thought nowt of it 3 days later brain hemerage.You can not be too carefull mate. If you have broken ribs they wont do anything but at least you will know to take it easy. dont be a man on this one be a wimp get looked at ATB

I also thought whats lucky about falling through a ceiling :lol:

Bruised ribs hurt like hell but is a visit to overworked A&E going to help? We have walk in centres for non-emergency jobs, I'd be tempted to give them a visit if it was me: still got a half day waiting time though :angry:

I also thought whats lucky about falling through a ceiling :lol:

Bruised ribs hurt like hell but is a visit to overworked A&E going to help? We have walk in centres for non-emergency jobs, I'd be tempted to give them a visit if it was me: still got a half day waiting time though :angry:

I would defo get an X-ray.

You don't know they are only bruised. My dad thought he had only bruised his ribs. A couple of days later he was in massive pain and could hardly breathe. One of the ribs was broken and had damaged his lung.

The doctors said it could have been fatal if it had punctured the lung properly.

I was going to add "as long as you're breathing ok.." Honest!

We are just double hard oop North (or thick in the head, depending on your location!) so tend to just get on with it :blink: :lol:

I have bruised my ribs in a motorbike crash, thought both my lungs had gone and had broken my bod in half at the time...not good :oops:

done loft insulating years ago,never forget the time one of the lads came through the ceiling,wrapped his nads around one of the trusses,flipped over so he was coming down head first over the stairwell managed to get his hand onto the bannister post to stop himself.it took about 5 mins for me and the other lad to stop laughing and help him down.he was a bit sore for a while,but nothing broken. :lol: