prices for 22rf up

The biggest restriction on you is distance since You can't order by post. So that become the clincher. Thats why some RFDs are able to charge what they do. And you can't bulk buy either because you are limited.

Other than that, if you just want prices look on Henry Krank's website.

Edited by Vince Green

Prices are irrelevant! It's what works well in your rifle that's important. I have tried just about every .22lr in one of my voere rimfires, some of the expensive "target" rounds are worse than rubbish with Remington being the worst of the worst, the best all rounder seems to be CCI, with the cheapest "magtec" beating the lot! Eley seems to work well in Ruger 10/22 (as well is it ever gets with a standard barrel)In short get a box of everything you can lay your hands on and try the lot! Reckon on from £12 per 20 for .222 .223 etc PPU if you can get them and your rifle likes them, up to £20/20 for average Federal etc in .243 to £30/20 for more expensive 22-250 Reminington etc. Bore twist will also have a lot to do with whether your rifle likes heavy or light loads, like I say, try em all...

what are the basic prices for ammo from 22rf upwards only for club use

22rf upto say 308 for the ranges just want a rough idea of prices nothing down to the exact £/P

Or you could learn to reload and save a fortune on the centrefire stuff :)

Looking at my own costings for .44 mag and .308 it works out like this,

.44mag

1st batch

Case 18p (Starline new brass)

Bullet 05p (240gr lead rnfp)

Powder 03p (5.4gr Titegroup)

Primer 03p

Total 28p

Subsequent batches 18p per round

.308rem

1st batch

Case 40p (Lapua new brass)

Bullet 20p (168gr A-Max Moly Coated)

Powder 24p (45gr Reloader 15)

Primer 03p

Total 87p

Subsequent batches 47p per round

The .308 prices using Lapua brass and Hornady A-Max Moly bullets are based on those being bought in the US so cheaper than here.

Edited by phaedra1106

Or you could learn to reload and save a fortune on the centrefire stuff :)

Looking at my own costings for .44 mag and .308 it works out like this,

.44mag

1st batch

Case 18p (Starline new brass)

Bullet 05p (240gr lead rnfp)

Powder 03p (5.4gr Titegroup)

Primer 03p

Total 28p

Subsequent batches 18p per round

.308rem

1st batch

Case 40p (Lapua new brass)

Bullet 20p (168gr A-Max Moly Coated)

Powder 24p (45gr Reloader 15)

Primer 03p

Total 87p

Subsequent batches 47p per round

The .308 prices using Lapua brass and Hornady A-Max Moly bullets are based on those being bought in the US so cheaper than here.

Getting off topic a bit, but What reloading press do you use? I am looking for a s/h press for reloading .22-250 and my pals .243 mainly for fox busting and the odd muntjac. Any recommendations? Cheers

My smallbore club sells Eley Sport, Club, Team (when in stock) and Match, prices are £3.20 up to £6.00 for a box of 50. With fullbore I shoot either PRVI at £11 for a box of 20 or RUAG at £18 for a box of 20 from the Bisley NRA office.

Ashley

Getting off topic a bit, but What reloading press do you use? I am looking for a s/h press for reloading .22-250 and my pals .243 mainly for fox busting and the odd muntjac. Any recommendations? Cheers

At the moment a Lee Classic Turret Press http://leeprecision.com/xcart/4-Hole-Classic-Turret-Press.html

I've also got a Breech Lock Challenger Press kit to collect when we go to the US in April http://leeprecision.com/xcart/Breech-Lock-Challenger-Kit.html

I'll be using it for reloading .308, nothing wrong with the turret press but as I will be not using many rounds I will be full length sizing every time followed by cleaning and then prime off-press.

Back in the 80's I started with the Lee Loader kit then bought a single stage Reloader Press http://leeprecision.com/xcart/Reloader-Press.html a good solid and cheap press, ideal if you'r not loading 100's of rounds at a time, having said that I used to load about 100 .44mag and 9mm a week on it without a problem.

Edited by phaedra1106

At the moment a Lee Classic Turret Press http://leeprecision.com/xcart/4-Hole-Classic-Turret-Press.html

I've also got a Breech Lock Challenger Press kit to collect when we go to the US in April http://leeprecision.com/xcart/Breech-Lock-Challenger-Kit.html

I'll be using it for reloading .308, nothing wrong with the turret press but as I will be not using many rounds I will be full length sizing every time followed by cleaning and then prime off-press.

Back in the 80's I started with the Lee Loader kit then bought a single stage Reloader Press http://leeprecision.com/xcart/Reloader-Press.html a good solid and cheap press, ideal if you'r not loading 100's of rounds at a time, having said that I used to load about 100 .44mag and 9mm a week on it without a problem.

Many thanks, its all a bit of a "black art" all this reloading stuff.... The .308 is next on my wish list when I renew my certificates this year, trouble is although after research it is my preferred cartridge - the travelling restrictions are a bit strict as its a military size. I know you cant fly over french territory with a .308 rifle or rounds, which is a pain if you want to shoot it in spain. I might be going to Poland to shoot some Poles.. sorry Pigs, should be ok there I imagine; will have to check.

Sorry have gone off subject peeps, will shut up now.

trouble is although after research it is my preferred cartridge - the travelling restrictions are a bit strict as its a military size. I know you cant fly over french territory with a .308 rifle or rounds, which is a pain if you want to shoot it in spain.

How bizarre, surely .308 is the civilian version and 7.62X51mm (which is a slightly different round) is the military version? Do they restrict both and why? Seems very odd!

Sorry, off topic again!

Ashley

How bizarre, surely .308 is the civilian version and 7.62X51mm (which is a slightly different round) is the military version? Do they restrict both and why? Seems very odd!

Sorry, off topic again!

Ashley

Both restricted old chap, I would have thought the same, that's the blooming french for you!