Recommended PCP

pigeon predator

Hi guys

Having been off the airgunning scene for about 5 years I'm now on the Market for a new PCP for hunting (non FAC)

But so many new makes and models have been introduced since then i don't know what's good or bad, so my question to you guys is....

What guns do you recommend for accuracy and reliability?

Also what guns do you suggest to stay clear of for the opposite reasons?

Looking forward to your replies

Many thanks

Ian

Even if not a Target Shooter

Check out Local Air Gun Club/s and See what others are using and Why

Favorite PCP @ Lea Valley is Variations of the HW100

Others have come and gone these seem to stay

Well made and do the Job - of Hitting Targets :good:

I have had one since the Start - Really are great

BOB/R

Hi Ian,

I agree try and get down a local club and see what other shooters are using.

There are lots of good PCP's out there and all pretty good and everyone will have a favourite. Mine is my BSA R10. Great rifle. But i also have other PCP rifles and all very good. The Weihrach HW100 is a great piece of kit my Bro has had one for ages now but last few years he hasnt used it a lot it sat for over a year and he took it out and it was still spot on.

If you give us a price range the recomendations can be a bit more specific.

Also remember you will need a way to charge your PCP either a dive bottle cost around £150+ or a Pump around £125.

Hi

There is no price range, I've shot field target for years so I've spent hundreds on guns and scopes and realise the value of spending more and know you've got the best there is rather than buying cheaper and settling for second best, I know not everyone can afford to do this but it's just how I see it, sorry if that sounds big headed, it's definately not meant to be, just want the best kit there is, be it £2000 or £200. Bit like cars really, they all get you from A to B but some are just more reliable and nicer to use.

Air wolf

AA 410

BSA R 10

HW 100

Any of the above in .177 will perform to your highest standard,fitted with a sak mod and a divers bottle 300 bar 12ltr,will get you sorted.

IMHO,i would have (again)the AA 410 CLASSIC .177,using rws superfields it did everything i wanted it to do,incredibly accurate out to stupid range and plenty of stopping power,if you buy from 'air gun centre'then you get warranty and free lifetime servicing :yes:

Air wolf

AA 410

BSA R 10

HW 100

Any of the above in .177 will perform to your highest standard,fitted with a sak mod and a divers bottle 300 bar 12ltr,will get you sorted.

IMHO,i would have (again)the AA 410 CLASSIC .177,using rws superfields it did everything i wanted it to do,incredibly accurate out to stupid range and plenty of stopping power,if you buy from 'air gun centre'then you get warranty and free lifetime servicing :yes:

I'd tend to agree but don't get a Sak mod, they're ok but HW mods are much better by some way.

Best thing to do is try several and get the one that fits and feels the best as there will be very little difference in accuracy, power or reliability.

I don't know anyone who has been disappointed with a HW100. Just remember to clean the barrel every so often and not do anything stupid (ie experimental) with it. The S410 has an excellent reputation, and probably represents better value when you weigh performance against price. Getting it regd is a sensible move.

I had an S410 before selling it to get an R10. My R10 is a brilliant rifle and has not missed a beat. I note however there were some not good R10's mainly in the early days.

Nothing wrong with S410's at all and compared to the price of an Air Wolf... Well you would be silly not to.

Blackpool Air Rifles

S410 £530 (needs a silencer)

Air Wolf £1260 :o :o :o