bio fuel

sapper063

anyone use bio fuels and if so what do you think

Both my 2005 Transit 2.0L and my 2007 VW Transporter 2.5TD Say NO to Bio Fuels :no::angry:

Neither manufacturer can or is willing to answer as to why not :angry:

It's obviously become much more popular locally as the price has rocketed skywards probably quicker than forecourt fuel prices, a year ago a local place started doing it at around 30p-40p a litre, now its only a few pence a litre cheaper than Derv so for the small saving it's not worth the potential risk (I don't think?)

I don't know the difference in the physical/chemical qualities but if it has to made to a certain specification/standard/rating and thats the same as traditional derv then I don't know vehicle manufacturers say NO ?

Is it that they don't/haven't tested extensively on bio diesel therefore play safe by saying NO?

Its high pressure fuel systems and pumps that don't take well to bio. Its only worth doing if you have the right equipment to sort out used chip oil etc but most of that is sold back to the suppliers as there is a good market for it.

I used two tanks worth at 50/50 in my Hyundai Terracan then was then told that I could use it 75/25 so used it for another two tanks worth, then I started having trouble and was told the Terracan cannot use Bio at all.

I took it to the main dealer and was told Bio was definitely a No No and by then my vehicle needed a new Fuel Management System.