Benelli M2

Mark-70

Any of you guys own or used the Benelli M2?

My next gun I think. Opinions and thoughts please.

benelli m2 are,in my opinion a fantastic shotgun.i had a benelli sbe11 and i swapped it for an m2 with a lad on here.the m2 has a 26 inch barrel as opposed to 28 inch barrel on the sbe11.the m2 seems to be a lot quicker to get on the birds from a hide and has never missed a beat.the sbe11 is also a fantastic shotgun but didnt seem to come up as quick as the m2 does.also i had given up shooting geese so i didnt need the three and a half inch chamber.you get shims to alter the drop and cast to suit yourself.dead easy to do.another bonus is that benellis are easy to dismantle and clean and put back together.so,in answer to your question,yes i own and use an m2 regularly and i think you wont go wrong if you get yourself one.

Yea pigeons is the reason I want one.

Ok decision made then, just have to decide wether to get it on section 1 or 2?

I would happily have the FAC model if by removing the extended mag it could be used anywhere under my SGC but I don't think that's possible as the gun would be entered on the FAC and not the SGC. Is it possible to have the gun entered on two tickets according to differing mag configurations? I'm sure it isn't but anyone in the know please advise.

Obviously I don't know the correct answer but whats the point in having to apply fo it on an FAC if it can be treated as a section two, you may just aswell be able to purchase and hold it on a regular shotgun certificate. But like I said I don't know and who said the lisencing made sense anyway! Lol

The Benelli M2 is simply the best, most reliable semi going at the moment. I really like my 10 shot M2 Comfortech, with 24" V-Rib barrel and Nordic 6 shot extension tube, clamp, speed follower and handle and is a world apart from my old Mossberg. Apart from the 'open' race guns, the M2 it is the fastest/best semi on the market for PSG. Plus is great in the field on pigeons and crows.

If you're looking for one at a very competitive price, English Country Pursuits in Devon are worth contacting. They have several deals, including Benelli M2's from £1040, going at the moment and stock Nordic Components.

Tiff

Edited by Tiff-TRG