20 gr hmr kicks ***.!

welsh warrior

been out this afternoon with my hmr and had a go at the 20 gr round. flipping heck they seam to be on roids or something.normaly i use 17 gr and they do the job perfect but the 20 gr just seam to bolw them apart.in the end i had to stop as i wanted a couple for the pot. anyone else have this happen to them ?

They do make a mess with anything other than head shots - good for humane killing ( not that the 17 grain dont do the job ). use to use them and might revert considering the ammount of uber hares I come across where I shoot... In fact that reminds me I gave a few to another member on here and I dont think he used them (might have to ask for them back)

the 20 gr TNTs? What range were you shooting at? I used to use them since that's what my gun liked. On hares and rabbits head shot, there was no real difference, though if you put a light body shot on at 100+ you'd get an entrance and exit hole with the exit not much bigger.

thanks

rick

the 20 gr TNTs? What range were you shooting at? I used to use them since that's what my gun liked. On hares and rabbits head shot, there was no real difference, though if you put a light body shot on at 100+ you'd get an entrance and exit hole with the exit not much bigger.

thanks

rick

I was using 20 grain hollow points CCI

I was using 20 grain hollow points CCI

The 20grn were design to go in a bit before breaking up, somthing to do with coyotes, so on small game they normally go straight through.

But try some of the 20grn BT for head shooting rabbits.