shooting pigeons with an air rifle

Lee 1991

In the head. thats the best way. But well placed shots in other parts of the anatomy will get the results (chest/breast cavity will kill every time if hit just below the gullet, at the top of the breast) ?????? But make sure you have the accuracy before you shoot stuff because a clean and accurate kill is the only really acceptable kill. ???

But well placed shots in other parts of the anatomy will get the results (chest/breast cavity will kill every time if hit just below the gullet, at the top of the breast)

I'd be careful giving that advice. Too much margin for error, especially on a wood pigeon. Just my opinion.

Just as much margin for error aiming at the head if you know the anatomy well. the fact is the cavity at the lower neck contains the Aorta, Trachea and pulomary artery. If either of these are damaged it will result in a sudden death. So i dont think that if you know where to shoot it in the chest there is any more margin for error than in the head, as it is roughly the same size.

Regards :thumbs: