Pigeon Decoying Book

Rizzini

I would like to start getting into this fantastic sport of decoying. but i havent got a clue wgere to start. Can anyone recommend me a book that will get me started in the world of pigeon decoying,

Thanks,

Rizzini.

Archie Coats pigeon shooting is the classic. A little dated now and was written well before magnets and all the other gadgets were invented, but as a treatise on pure fieldcraft it's brill. I've just re-read my second hand copy, which I bought off someone on here. Keep an eye out as they do come up every now and then. The Pigeon Shooter by John Batley is very good and more up to date than Archie Coats' one. John Humphreys also wrote one but can't recall the title I'm afraid

Edited by Blunderbuss

The Archie Coates book is an interesting read, but much of the information is now dated.

I've not read the book by John Humphreys, and wouldn't waste mt brass buying it to read.

I found the book by John Batley very informative and worthwhile. I loaned my copy to a novice several years ago, it was obviously a gripping read as he has yet to return it.

webber