My Pajero 4x4 2.8TD has a Engine Problem

Newsportshooter

Ayone interested in a 94 Paj swb for a project. Mines currently on Ebay Item number: 110672837118 - As per description it runs but smokes and knocks, after the missus drove it down the M1 with the Overdrive off and low on oil. Have changed the oil and filter and tried (fingers crossed) to start her up - She starts easy and revs up but smokes quite heavily and has a moderate rythmic knocking from the engine.

Any ideas what it is likely to be???? Was a great shooting wagon, these things go anywhere (Has 5 Good A/T tyres) and would probably be an easy fix for someone with the right equipment..

Have a look.

Edited by Newsportshooter

Ayone interested in a 94 Paj swb for a project. Mines currently on Ebay Item number: 110672837118 - As per description it runs but smokes and knocks, after the missus drove it down the M1 with the Overdrive off and low on oil. Have changed the oil and filter and tried (fingers crossed) to start her up - She starts easy and revs up but smokes quite heavily and has a moderate rythmic knocking from the engine.

Any ideas what it is likely to be???? Was a great shooting wagon, these things go anywhere (Has 5 Good A/T tyres) and would probably be an easy fix for someone with the right equipment..

Have a look.

can’t help you there but I had my short wheel base over the winter and on the way home the top hose burst and we had to change the rad, top hose, water pump, and stat, all because the dealer in Manchester did not put enough antifreeze in it.

We have spent a total of £2750 on it and am now selling it for £1750, wicked car to drive, we have had three now. Every now and then they are temperamental but normally ok. Hope you sort your prob out

if you know of anyone looking for one give em my email please steve@ithas2bedone.com

• 4 weeks later...

Alex don't tell me you don't know about the egr valve. By blanking it off it cures all known wear issues especially on the bottom end . I was told if you buy brand new you can blank it and never use oil again. I was also told if you blank it and wrap it in tin foil you can run it on a mixture of watered down wd40 @ 15p/ litre. :good:

Well funny.

I read the OP's description - I'm not an engineer but with my basic mechanical knowledge I'm sure I heard the fat lady singing.

What's the damage on a recon engine for this?

The problem is, there's SWB Mitsus and Pajeros a plenty for sub £1k and I suspect that a recon engine and the labours got to be at cheapest a monkey for bangers but more like a bag of.