This evenings stalk ruined

Beardo

I would get on 'em Nick, now seems to be the time maybe they feel safer with the undergrowth coming up?

I have gone from not seeing many about, to not being able to step outside my front door or get in the car without seeing them :blink:

Took the dog for a quick walk last night about 7:45 and saw 3, you can see how close to houses they were from this shot:

P1010504 (Small).JPG

Here is another.

P1010502 (Small).JPG

As Sako asked about Roe stalking compared to Muntjac stalking, Monday evening I had to walk past all of these to get to the Muntjac I was after:

P1010492 (Small).JPG

P1010493 (Small).JPG

P1010496 (Small).JPG

SS will recognise at least 2 of those ;)

The problem with walkers and ramblers is getting worse. They think they can go wherever they like and have no idea of the dangers they place themselves in. I bumped a guy walking his dogs in the pitch dark the other morning, not on a footpath or even a track just wandering about in the woods. The other night whilst out lamping (we were actually counting deer) we picked up some eyes and couldn't make out what they were...turned out to be some silly old dear again dog walking. Neither of these people had any idea of the danger they could have been in.

Summer stalking is for insomniacs...very late nights and very early mornings! AND when the only species you can shoot are Roe Bucks and Munties they're very hard to spot in all the plant growth.

The problem with walkers and ramblers is getting worse. They think they can go wherever they like and have no idea of the dangers they place themselves in. I bumped a guy walking his dogs in the pitch dark the other morning, not on a footpath or even a track just wandering about in the woods. The other night whilst out lamping (we were actually counting deer) we picked up some eyes and couldn't make out what they were...turned out to be some silly old dear again dog walking. Neither of these people had any idea of the danger they could have been in.

Summer stalking is for insomniacs...very late nights and very early mornings! AND when the only species you can shoot are Roe Bucks and Munties they're very hard to spot in all the plant growth.

I agree about the insomniacs bit!! Getting up at 4.30 kills me more than any deer!

I was waiting on a wood edge,(a boundary) the other night and someone on the other side let off a rifle within a hundred or so yards!!! Fine IF they shoot with a backstop...

Syndicate stalking is also dodgey with a couple of people in one wood.. I think I'm gonna start wearing orange like the Americans :hmm: