Sussex Firearms Dept

chippy18

Anyone else in Sussex waiting for a renewal to go through. Over 10 weeks since my renewal visit and not a thing.

Phoned them again today only to be told they had not even began to process it. What makes it so hard to do a renewal.

It never used to be like this, In fact I always thought they was good here. I asked why if it takes so long for a renewal

why it was they wont let us put the forms in earlier, only to be told this would create more delays. :hmm: How things change.

Cheers :good:

Edited by chippy18

Hi mate, ive been waiting 14 week for my transfer back to sussex and a variation to go through. Only had my visit last week and he said that once I get my shooting record to him from my club I'll ( why I need that wen I've got 18 months to go on the ticket I don't know) be waiting about 12 more weeks!!! So I'll be looking at the thick end of 6 months!!! Takes the ####!!!

its ok i waited 13weeks for my tickets when i put in for them in durham.

That's cheered me up no end :(

Put in for my FAC grant and SGC renewal 8th Feb, had visit 2 days later and was told 6 weeks, rang at 6 weeks to be told it was 8, rang at 8 to be told they hadn't had my med info back as the docs hadn't got the fax on Mar 27th (which is unlikely as it was a Sunday), checked with Docs on Weds and it was sent to them Tuesday so was hoping to hear this week but so far nothing :(

Off to the US on the 29th and had hoped to get my rifle and take it with me to spend some time on the range setting it up and sorting the best load out. No chance of that now :(

Edited by phaedra1106

Rang Sussex this week and was told that I could continue using the old licence as all the details for the new one are on their system and if stopped, to refer the person enquiring to them (must remember to put their number on the mobile). Their website also says that they are behind with things at present. I suppose it was inevitable given all the cuts. My town doesn't even have a police station any more. On the plus side, the firearms dept are always professional and polite over the phone. Not much point blaming them,they aren't happy either. Blame the politicians instead. All shades.

Enjoy the weather.

B)

Yes they are polite but they tell porkys! Everytime I've phoned up they've come out with different excuses. They weren't that dissimilar before the cuts either from my experience. And they often quite clearly show a total lack of knowledge on the subject of firearms. My feo once tried telling me you can reload 22rf! Amongst other clangers!

Rang Sussex this week and was told that I could continue using the old licence as all the details for the new one are on their system and if stopped, to refer the person enquiring to them (must remember to put their number on the mobile). Their website also says that they are behind with things at present. I suppose it was inevitable given all the cuts. My town doesn't even have a police station any more. On the plus side, the firearms dept are always professional and polite over the phone. Not much point blaming them,they aren't happy either. Blame the politicians instead. All shades.

Enjoy the weather.

B)

It's OK them saying use the old one, but mine is out of date and has been sent back with the renewal. I have rung 3 times and been told something different each time and as I say this time I am told they have not even started processing it. I need to give a copy of an in-date certificate to a syndicate I belong to or I risk loosing my place. not to mention having shotguns without an in-date certificate. When I mentioned this and asked about getting a section 7 cert was told not to worry as the fault was theirs, which is easy for them to say.

Edited by chippy18

Write them a letter saying that your having to put your guns in storage and you need to know who to send the bill to that usually sorts em out!!

:lol: Will see if the promise I got yesterday on the phone amounts to anything. I will say up to now I have never had any need to slate them, although I know a few who have had problems.

Edited by chippy18

Ha I wont hold out much hope of seeing mine anytime soon! So was it around 12ish weeks then?

Worked out about 11 weeks. But as I say if I had not have phoned last week to find out what was happening who knows, as

they had not even started processing it. Still they were pretty swift to get it to me today when I only phoned Thursday.

Good Luck